Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:34 AM
rjksx1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking for owner opinions on Sig ASP20

I shoot HW 50 and 97 in .177; I would like to get a gas ram; looking for experience with the above.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:38 AM
rjksx1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
anyone own or shoot an ASP20?
Old 08-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Fred B
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sig asp20

What would you like to know about the ASP20. I've had one since the first of the year. Mine is in .177. Sig had a sale on the whiskey 3 scope made for it and so that is what I'm using. If you lived close you could shoot mine, heck you could buy it if you liked it.
I tried it with some of those pellet test combos and just like some of the reports have said, it does like a heavier pellet. It shoots pretty flat to 50 yards (that's as far as I have tried it). On a good day it will group inside a 1 inch square, and when smacking the tomato robbing tree rats it makes a satisfying thump.
It is a little heavy but it is the first pellet rifle that I have owned since 1980-1982. Back then I had a special select/tuned FWB 124 sporter from Beeman but had to sell it when we were out on a long contract strike.
This sig does seem to shoot just a little better when the fore end is laid across the palm of my hand instead of directly on a soft rest. the trigger is good and has not been touched so it might go just a little lighter but I like it where it is.
PM or email me if you like as I don't text too well on my flip phone.
Fred