Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Major POI Shift with 10/22 Factory Threaded Barrel and Suppressor

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Patriotpappy 
#1 ·
If Ruger is going to continue promoting their guns as ready for suppressors, they need to start making sure the threads are concentric and the faces are flat. Mine is so bad, a spacer isn't going to solve it.

Anyone know who can fix this? Am I just better off buying a new barrel?

#8 ·
It's a 50th Anniversary design contest rifle and the face of the sight isn't flat so if the can is tightened down, it doesn't sit flat. Additionally, the threads do not appear to be cut concentric and/or poor threads that allow for lots of movement.

#12 ·
Your POI shift is most likely due to the suppressor. I have two different 22LR suppressors. A Ross Precision RPG aluminum suppressor and a Thunderbeast Titanium 22LR suppressor.

On the Ross, I would get a POI shift while on the Thunderbeast my bullet would go into the same group. I've tested this on both my threaded 22LR 10/22's and also on my 22LR pistol and the effects are consistent.

The Thunderbeast doesn't POI shift. So if the change in POI bothers you, I would suggest buying the Thunderbeast 22LR suppressor.

#13 ·
mimalmo, poi shifts with a suppressor are common place. Shifts by "several feet" at any range indicate a serious problem. I can not imagine how this can happen without the bullet being damaged on it's way through the suppresor (baffle strike). I think you could beat the crown of your rifle with a hammer and not cause the poi to move by several feet. It could be the suppresor or it could be the threading of the barrel but some significant misalignment seems to be in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.