High Standard Firearms USA, LLC - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-16-2020, 02:18 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In those 40 some years of riding motorcycles, I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and finally Harley Davidson. I just simply loved riding, logging over 12,000 miles a year for some time. Doesn't sound like a lot, but living in Iowa it wasn't bad. At the end of the day, washing the machine and then sitting back admiring it and having a beer was almost as much fun as riding. However, as I got older that washing got to be not quite as much fun, but I couldn't stand to have a dirty bike. Anyway, I'll soon be 75 and I just decided to not push my luck any further. Besides, I still have plenty of hobbies, I took up disc golf about 5 years ago and have been playing 18 holes a day every day that I can. So much to do and so little time!
Old 02-16-2020, 04:34 PM
MikeMyers

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds more and more like me - and for me, too, my last bike was a Harley Davidson Sportster.

Now my "bike" is a Mazda MX-5. Similar enjoyment, and I can take my bullseye guns to the range in it. :-)
Old 02-16-2020, 05:42 PM
NVaVettes
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Honda CBX: probably the most 'exotic' engine sound I've ever heard.

HS Victor: holds, aims, and shoots very easily/naturally/well.
hard to rack slide with hammer uncocked.

Don
Old 02-16-2020, 07:08 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pro Series 95

We do NOT have any Mitchell Arms Pistols. We have a few Pro Series 95 Stoeger pistols that we got with the Stoeger Luger Project Pistols and Remaining Parts. We have Completed the frames and, they are marked with OFM as the Manufacturer. The defective or sub standard parts were replaced with HS parts. The barrels and chambers are probably sport design and NOT match barrels. The pistols were tested for function. They also have Millett Sights which are FAR superior to the NON click adjustable sights that originally came with the pistols. No one should expect them to compare to any REAL High Standard Type Pistol. They are sold as advertised as a "Stoeger Pro Series 95" Pistol. - Alan Aronstein
Old 02-17-2020, 06:57 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My apologies Alan, but please keep in mind that I got the Mitchell name from right under the photograph and description of the Pro Series 95 at the OFM/High Standard Firearms USA web site (under: "Other Brands"). Maybe an update on that is in need?
https://highstandardfirearmsusa.com/other-brands
Old 02-19-2020, 11:55 AM
HSWayne
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mitchell and Stoeger Victor style pistols

Here is a photo of a Stoeger Pro Series 95 Victor clone and a Mitchell Arms Victor clone. Both have Blue Book Values of about $500 in 100% condition. In my opinion, after studying both pistols, is that the frames and barrels were obtained from the same supplier, but most of the small parts were made by different makers. The guns were finished with slightly different details. My opinion is that the Stoeger pistols were finished better. Of course, this is based on these two pistol examples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2a.jpg (556.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by HSWayne; 02-19-2020 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 02-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pro Series and Mitchell Copies

I can ASSURE everyone that the Pistol Frames, Slides, and Barrels were made by TWO Separate Vendors !!! We sued the one in Ft Worth, TX but, the City of Ft Worth forced him out of business over property Taxes. The second vendor voluntarily stopped production. The parts came from various vendors BUT many of them were purchased from HS Tx thru 3rd parties and from the Numrich (HS CT) Inventory. - Alan Aronstein