Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 04:19 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Doing better today. I am Doing a Szumi and resetting all my computer equipment.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:05 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad you and your companions all made it thru the ride of your lives Dave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I explained my unhappiness with the receptionist and she said I was hardly the first to complain. Glad we got that sorted.
Good squeaking wheel report Gerald.
I complained about a rude employee @ Radio Shack and heard later he got canned but doubt it was just on my complaint.

Weather Service keeps interrupting programming with abnormally lengthy obnoxious warnings since last nite. Sick n tired ovit and we don't care anymore!

Yooper cases tied for the highest ever, not counting 29 inmates and 2 employees in a prison for some unexplained reason.
News as I was taught: who, what, when, where, why, how, and how much... no longer seems to to be in use.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:21 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
The mention of McCook stirred some ancient memories. Disembarked in McCook from the Denver Zephyr a long time ago to visit relatives that lived in the area.
Stirred recent memories for me, as I just sold a gun to a fellow in McCook last week.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:35 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Severe storm upon this abode. Total of eight statements, watches, and warnings. earlier storm winds reported to be 90 mph in Iowa and have slowed to the 50-60 mph coming across the Big Michigan Pond. Golf ball sized hail nearby. Local reports of damage already coming in.Power, cable and internet flickering. Glad I held off on baking some brownies. I expect power will go out. Hope this post goes through before I lose utilities. Battening down the hatches and hanging on to my hat. Blowing pretty good at the moment.

When I was out about an hour ago, the misery index was in the red zone.

Maybe at least the the high winds and storm will slow the organized criminal looters in Chitown across the lake. Mayor's response is we need more gun laws.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:05 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNewTricks View Post
I really don’t like the trip to the body shop afterwards. But I have seen more than my share meet their end in front of a locomotive. Course they’re not worth retrieving after that.
Welp, curiosity kills cats and Gregs.......and since I'd never seen deer vs train, I googled it. Went about as expected. Dunno how they cleaned the glass after that, guess they waited til they arrived at the destination. That much splattered blood I did not expect.

I guess on the upside a locomotive likely doesn't need a trip to the body shop afterwards.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:28 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Well, we were down at the park today, shooting pictures of juvenile swallows impatiently waiting to get fed, when I noticed a movement out the corner of my eye.

Seems an adult bald eagle was having fish for lunch. A small shark methinks.

I'm amazed at the load that eagle could carry...

Last edited by COW 54; 08-14-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:28 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Doing better today. I am Doing a Szumi and resetting all my computer equipment.
Most glad to hear that! And also that folks like yerself, Szumi & others here are capable of such doin's w/o getting caught up in nonsense.

Quote:
Severe storm upon this abode. Total of eight statements, watches, and warnings. earlier storm winds reported to be 90 mph in Iowa and have slowed to the 50-60 mph coming across the Big Michigan Pond. Golf ball sized hail nearby. Local reports of damage already coming in.Power, cable and internet flickering. Glad I held off on baking some brownies. I expect power will go out. Hope this post goes through before I lose utilities. Battening down the hatches and hanging on to my hat. Blowing pretty good at the moment.

When I was out about an hour ago, the misery index was in the red zone.

Maybe at least the the high winds and storm will slow the organized criminal looters in Chitown across the lake. Mayor's response is we need more gun laws.
W/o getting political, insanity seems to hold the upper hand, at the moment!

Weather wise, down here the NOAA forecast is for hunnert's non-stop thru the next week w/zero moisture. Purple sage at the gun club & house is blooming like crazy. My money is on the plants, thank you. The weather weasels will B blindsided, once more. So whot's new, as we enter times of desperate clutching??

Needs more oil for obfuscation(!?); I seriously doubt it.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good thorough range report TD.

Quote:
looters in Chitown across the lake. Mayor's response is we need more gun laws.
Pitiful, just pitiful.

Mice knocked over a bottle of my best reel oil over on the table top in the garage, the filthy varmints. Got a mole in one of the floor traps last nite.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Storm over here and setting sun starting to peek through. Didn't get a lot of rain but some which is much needed. Can't see any trees down from my house, though there are reports of trees down and hail. Some tornado warnings were issued to the south, and I believe the highest winds went south of me in Indiana and to the west in Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois. 67 mph winds reported at local airport. 1.5 foot storm surge on the already high level lake. Locally thousands without power, million + in the Midwest. Luckily I'm powered up.

Hope that koonta and flying squirrel are safe as well as others that may be in the storms path.

Being called a Derecho. Also heard it termed a straitnado.

I think I can bake brownies now without worrying the power will go out.

Link to a daytime video of the storm rolling into Chicago:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1292932371679973383

Last edited by Blackwolfe; 08-10-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:42 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonL View Post
In! Page 2
Have a good, cool, week everyone.
Cool? Can you box some of that up and ship it South?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In.

Good time had by all at our family get together Saturday. Great nephew Jackson is 5-1/2 now and great nephew Eli (Elijah) is 2 months old. Those cornhole boards I made got there first use and held up to Jackson running over them. A lot of fun and laughs by all as well as plenty of grilled burgers, hotdogs, and steak. Next get together is in October when we do costumes. Anything 1980s theme this year. Need to think what I'll be this year. I was a chimney sweep last year while my wife was Mary Poppins. Lots of fun!

My wife Sabrina and Eli.....

Jackson and his dad.....

Eli's parents.....

Good to see Kent enjoying himself!

Brent
Cool Pics Brent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Agree on the fine trophy smallmouth! As far was scrap, fight and fiestiness are concerned, think it makes a huge dif. predicated on water temps, tackle being used and obstacles present. We've largemouths on a small private lake that has seven underground sources of very cold water feeding it from below in addition to any run off from rains. Water temps near to those underground sources are quite cold and we have 2~3 pound well proportioned largemouths that will fight and clear the water several times before they can be brought to hand before being released. For pure spunk they are every bit as tough as smallmouths, IMHO. We've much larger fish too, but to me those are the most fun to catch on light tackle w/6~10# test monofilament and plastic worms. I'll kill & clean the legal sized bass that get stuck in the tongue as they are going to die if returned to the water anyway. The bride likes bass fillets. I'd rather have skillet fried bream or crappie, but have no issues eating bass. Some folks simply don't much like it. Not sure why, just know peoples' tastes differ. Uninjured bass have a good survival rate, when returned to the water quickly.
Count me in the group of people who don't eat green trout. Bream on the other hand is fantastic.

I'd usually toss my bass back. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Most glad to hear that! And also that folks like yerself, Szumi & others here are capable of such doin's w/o getting caught up in nonsense.

W/o getting political, insanity seems to hold the upper hand, at the moment!

Weather wise, down here the NOAA forecast is for hunnert's non-stop thru the next week w/zero moisture. Purple sage at the gun club & house is blooming like crazy. My money is on the plants, thank you. The weather weasels will B blindsided, once more. So whot's new, as we enter times of desperate clutching??

Needs more oil for obfuscation(!?); I seriously doubt it.
Just darned hot.

Glad you survived, Brian. Sounds like it was touch and geaux for a moment.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:03 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Bride is fixin' somma dat jambalaya like you sent, Don, for dinner w/shrimp and sausage added.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:38 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don just saw this. https://imgur.com/gallery/RokIb
Brent nice get together.
TD did you try rubbing compound on the sensors of the flashers?
Old 08-10-2020, 08:58 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I'm alive, I think. Friday's IVIG really did a number on me, some of the worst head and spine pain I've had from these monthly infusions. Spent three days straight asleep as much as possible, only getting up to get the cats stuff handled and to eat a bite. Woke up very warm a couple of times to find three or more kitties snuggled up to me. It's been so hot that outside was just unbearable and the air conditioner just barely able to hold it down to a comfortable temp inside. Wife had texted me that her dad was going to drive her to the dialysis clinic today, so I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. Found a fan blowing vid on YouTube with the perfect frequencies to cover up tinnitus and drone me to sleep. Still 83 degrees at nearly 9 pm.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad to hear phil. Sorry to hear about the pain.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:07 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I am getting old guy syndrome. I bought some screws for a project this morning. Now I can't find them
Closed Thread