Volquartsen Trigger on Clearance - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:29 PM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Volquartsen Trigger on Clearance

The Volquartsen Custom stainless trigger for Ruger Mark II/III (and RST/Mark I) is on clearance for $23. Don't know how many there are available, but it's 4 less than there were 15 minutes ago.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:40 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is a fantastic buy! It's the one that I have in my MKII 5.5 in bbl stainless steel Target pistol. Many shooters prefer using the black aluminum trigger in their stainless steel Rugers for appearance sake, but I prefer the stainless steel trigger for it's durability. Also, mine fits with absolutely no side to side play which I really like.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Sierra49er
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
The Volquartsen Custom stainless trigger for Ruger Mark II/III (and RST/Mark I) is on clearance for $23. Don't know how many there are available, but it's 4 less than there were 15 minutes ago.
I have a MK I target, but wonder if a new trigger is really necessary. It seems to work just fine so what is the advantage of a new trigger?

Old 04-15-2019, 11:13 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra49er View Post
I have a MK I target, but wonder if a new trigger is really necessary. It seems to work just fine so what is the advantage of a new trigger?
It allows you to adjust the trigger to reduce pre-travel and over-travel. The profile of the trigger allows you to position your trigger finger a little lower on the trigger which will give the effect of lowering the trigger pull. However, I not certain that it will fit the MKI pistol?

Last edited by wproct; 04-15-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:31 AM
edlmann

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
It allows you to adjust the trigger to reduce pre-travel and over-travel. The profile of the trigger allows you to position your trigger finger a little lower on the trigger which will give the effect of lowering the trigger pull. However, I not certain that it will fit the MKI pistol?
I see no reason why not. Since the Mark I went out of production over 35 years ago, some vendors don't advertise for them.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:55 PM
CaptKillingfield

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
....However, I not certain that it will fit the MKI pistol?
It does fit. I installed one last month on my '69 Standard. That with the VQ Sear and Bushing. I was hoping the bushing would reduce some creep, but found the original bushing was better.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:50 AM
edlmann

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKillingfield View Post
Quote:
It does fit. I installed one last month on my '69 Standard. That with the VQ Sear and Bushing. I was hoping the bushing would reduce some creep, but found the original bushing was better.
The best bushing for a Mark I/RST or Mark II seems to be from Clark Custom Guns, which seems to be out of stock at the moment, unfortunately.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:20 AM
CoastieN70
US Coast Guard Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Thanks for the info, just ordered 2ea