Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
August 2017 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge

Guidelines:

Notice: : These guidelines are for August’s 2017 100-Yard .17/.22 Rimfire Benchrest Challenge. Hopefully it is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, please PM me for clarification or post your question in the thread.

The classes will be divided into three (3) groups. Factory Sporter, Modified and Honorary. Only CZ or BRNO rifles are allowed in the Factory Sporter and Modified classes. Any rifle capable of chambering a .17 or .22 caliber rimfire round is permitted in the Honorary class.

Factory Sporter: Rifles can include trigger modifications (including aftermarket trigger replacement,) bolt work, striker mods, etc., but it must use a factory CZ barrel. No tuners are allowed, even with factory barrels. Stocks must be factory OEM. No limitations will be included on optics. Use whichever power scope you wish.

Modified: Will include any rifle which hosts a 3rd party barrel, (Lilja, Benchmark, Shilen, etc.) and/or non-OEM stock. Again, no limitation on optics.

Honorary: Though he is not a CZ shooter, this class was begun due to the inspiration of Smoothtrigger and his desire to participate in our Challenges. This class will include any non-CZ/BRNO rifle of .17 or .22 rimfire caliber and will also include any action capable of chambering either round. Again, no limitation on optics.

Posted Targets: During the Spring, Summer and Fall months, consider this to be from March through November, inclusive, all submitted targets must be shot outdoors at 100 yards. During Winter months, consider this to be from December through February, inclusive, participants have the option to shoot indoors, but will be shooting under a Class entitled "Indoor." The "Indoor" class will be open to any make and/or model of .17 or .22 caliber rimfire. There will be no restriction on optics and the choice of ammunition will be left to the shooter's discretion.

This month, the target is provided to us by our very own R4B1DM4U53, who has chosen for his entry "The Pony Express." Why has he done that? I dunno, he's Canadian!!!

Target Guidelines: You will fire 1 shot per bullseye at each of the 6 bullseyes per page. The maximum score per page is 75 points. While a headshot will be considered 10, scoring an "X" is a little more difficult. The image below will give you an example of the this month's "X." Good luck with that. Two sighters are included this month at the top left and right corners of the page. Both sighters also provide you with the point value of a hit on target.

As you can see below the target is a value ranging from "0" to "5." To score your target, take the value of your hit on target and add it to the corresponding value below the target. Say for instance, you shot the very first target and made a perfect head shot. Your score would be 10. 10+0=10. Now, say for instance you shot the very last target on the bottom row and also shot a "10." Your score would be 10+5=15. Got it? Whichever point value you get from your shot on target, add the value below the target to it...simple as that.

The following quote is taken directly from Rabid's explanation of the target in last month's July 2017 100-Yard Challenge.

"Some bulls have long, luscious hair covering a portion of the body/head. An inference will have to be made if the pony was actually hit, or just scalped. If it looks reasonable that a hit was under the hair, points will be awarded. If you just nicked the hair that is obviously away from the body, you just get shell points."

This month’s target will include the use of “Best Edge” scoring. Meaning, if your shot hits or nicks the line of the next higher score, you receive the higher score. Let’s say your bullet split between a 3 and a 1…you just scored a 3.

In the event of a tie, and I am confident we will have a few, we're going to use the highest number of 10's as the first tie breaker.

The second tie breaker will be the greater number of 3's, followed in third by the greater number of 1's, etc., etc.

The link to download the target is below. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the link.

Again, the title of this month's target is "The Pony Express."

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...T1luQWM%2Fview

Remember, your best results scoring a target will come from using a heavier paper. Most like to use a 60+ pound paper available from virtually anywhere....Meijer's, Staples, Walmart, etc.

All targets, again, there are 6 per page, will require 1-shot per bullseye. Shoot as many pages as you would like and post your very best. Only your best page and highest combined total will be posted.

Remember too, your best results scoring a target will come from using a heavier paper. Most like to use a 60+ pound paper available from virtually anywhere....Meijer's, Staples, Walmart, etc.

When you print the target be sure to set it to print "Actual size" and 100 percent which should give you the correct target size.

Please utilize these measurements to ensure your target has printed correctly:

For reference, I printed it "Actual Size" and the "Sighter" pony is 1.175 inches at the widest part of the shell and 2.370 inches tall (do not measure the grey shadow, just the shell).

Supporting The Rifle/Rests: The rifle can be supported front and rear; however no one-piece or vice-type rests are allowed. Bipods/rear bags, mechanical rests (front and/or rear) may also be used either from the bench or prone position….shooter’s choice.

Calibers can include any 17 or 22 caliber rimfire in any class. There are no restrictions on bullet type. You may use match ammo, HV, HP or whatever it is with which you typically shoot.

Remember to include the necessary information when posting your target:

1. Shooter’s RFC screen name.
2. Rifle description – Make/Model
3. Ammunition used
4. Date of target
5. Class - Sporter, Modified, Honorary

For those with any number of CZ’s/BRNO’s and other brands, feel free to shoot in any class at your discretion. Please post only your best target from each class.

The top 3 places from each class will receive the following:

1st Place Factory Sporter:

25.00 Gift Card From Home Depot

2nd Place Factory Sporter:

15.00 Gift Card From Home Depot

3rd Place Factory Sporter:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

1st Place Modified

2nd Place Modified:

3rd Place Modified:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

1st Place Honorary

2nd Place Honorary

3rd Place Honorary:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

In the event a shooter feels a mistake has been made in reference to a competitor’s score or the shooter’s final position among participants, an RFC Moderator will make the final determination.

Please have all targets into the thread which reads “August 2017 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge,” no later then 5 days before the end of the month. This month, the latest date shall be August 26th. This will allow all targets to be viewed and any protests to be answered.

When your target is submitted, it MUST have all pertinent information included such as shooter's screen name, rifle type/model, ammunition used, etc.

Have fun!!!

Bob (dnttech)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Standings

Factory Sporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjj2 View Post
1. 70/1X - Jerryjj2 - CZ 455 American/17HMR/CCI VMAX/Page 4, Post #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4B1DM4U53 View Post
2. 44/1X - R4B1DM4U53 - CZ 455 Factory Sporter/17HMR/Federal VMAX 17gr./Page 14, Post #209B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubDubU View Post
3. 32/1X - DubDubu - CZ 455 Varmint/22LR/SK Magazine/Page 14, Post #200

Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBaum View Post
1. 75/2X - RickBaum - CZ 455 DJ Custom/Lilja/22LR/RWS R50/Page 9, Post #134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaia View Post
2. 61/1X - Jaia - CZ 455 Varmint/Lilja/17HMR/Hornady VMAX/Page 11, Post #160
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFournier View Post
3. 61 - FFournier - CZ 455 DJ Custom/22LR/Lapua Midas +/Page 8, Post #110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnttech View Post
4. 54/1X - Julie - CZ 455 DJ Custom/Benchmark/22LR/RWS R50 - Lot 863/Page 10, Post #147

Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothtrigger View Post
1. 75/1X - Smoothtrigger - Anschutz 1727F-CISM/22LR/Lapua Polar Biathlon/Page 6, Post #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
2. 66 - JerryP - Anschutz 54.30/22LR/RWS R50 Jubilee/Page 5, Post #65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelpier View Post
3. 52 - Steelpier - Winchester 52A/22LR/Federal Ultra Match/Page 6, Post #82
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4B1DM4U53 View Post
4. 38/3X - Weatherby Mk XXII/22LR/Lapua Midas +/Page 14, Post #209A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdriscole View Post
5. 33/1X - bdriscole - Anschutz 1416/22LR/SK Standard +/Page 15, Post #216

Last edited by dnttech; 08-26-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:54 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Guys, sorry about the delay in not having this posted already. Work has kinda had me running ragged....

Okay, the new month has begun, we're shooting Pretty Ponies, let's do it!!

Bob
Old 08-01-2017, 08:24 PM
FFournier
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yay, let the fun begin a new. Up in our Denver training center right now having all sorts "fun" for the next two days. Nice to have some real fun to look forward to..lol. Bob, these pictures are for you.

Last edited by FFournier; 08-26-2017 at 11:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Jerryjj2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No worries Bob your livelihood and family come first! I think I speak for everyone and wanted to thank you for your contribution in putting this on each month. You're a real asset.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:40 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Fred, you know those photos make me jealous, don't ya??? I know you do!!!

Jerry, thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the Challenge and hope it puts some fun in folks lives...

Bob
Old 08-01-2017, 08:51 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Lol...Bob you are perfectly welcome to come take my place in the hotbox every 9 months.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Jerryjj2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No need to thank me for the truth Bob.

I got some 30mm 3/8 rings coming for the new mueller so I'll be shooting some ponies this weekend afterall. My daughter was mortified Btw.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:33 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I want to blow holes in Spunge Bob Square Pants. Maybe next month? lol.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Jerryjj2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's too funny. Hey Fred since you're in Denver come on up to steamboat and we will shoot! You're close
Old 08-01-2017, 11:51 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryjj2 View Post
That's too funny. Hey Fred since you're in Denver come on up to steamboat and we will shoot! You're close
Man I'd love to, but unfortunately I've got simulator sessions all day tomorrow till 3:00 and then have to head back to Houston as I have a 3 day trip starting Thursday evening.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Bronco 302

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hadn't been on here in a while so hadn't followed the discussion about this months target, pulled it up to print and thought "what the heck" (G rated version). This can't be right so investigated and sure enough, which is fine just surprised me. I also have to go buy a color cartridge so it will print, all I got was eye balls for targets 5 & 6.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Shootingblueboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope on my .22lr has broken, dag nabbit. Will have to use the hummer this month.

Looking forward to blatting some colourful ponies. Thanks for posting these challenges, looks like a good laugh to me.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:

Guidelines:

Notice: : These guidelines are for Augustís 2017 100-Yard .17/.22 Rimfire Benchrest Challenge. Hopefully it is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, please PM me for clarification or post your question in the thread.

The classes will be divided into three (3) groups. Factory Sporter, Modified and Honorary. Only CZ or BRNO rifles are allowed in the Factory Sporter and Modified classes. Any rifle capable of chambering a .17 or .22 caliber rimfire round is permitted in the Honorary class.

Factory Sporter: Rifles can include trigger modifications (including aftermarket trigger replacement,) bolt work, striker mods, etc., but it must use a factory CZ barrel. No tuners are allowed, even with factory barrels. Stocks must be factory OEM. No limitations will be included on optics. Use whichever power scope you wish.

Modified: Will include any rifle which hosts a 3rd party barrel, (Lilja, Benchmark, Shilen, etc.) Again, no limitation on optics.
I have a question.
I have an original Brno Model 2; at least, the metal is all original. The stock is an aftermarket SPORTER stock. Based on your descriptions above, I would not be allowed to shoot in the Factory Sporter class, nor does it fit in the Modified class as it's barrel is original.

I would entertain joining in the match, but it seems that your rules do not fit my rifle.
Any clarification?
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:53 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
gewehrfreund, she'll be good to go in Modified....

Good luck in the Challenge....

Bob

P.S. Minor rule modification in Modified to include "and/or non-OEM stock."

Last edited by dnttech; 08-02-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:33 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
gewehrfreund, she'll be good to go in Modified....

Good luck in the Challenge....

Bob

P.S. Minor rule modification in Modified to include "and/or non-OEM stock."
Thanks for the clarification, but I think I'll pass on trying to compete against fellows with high-end barrels and stocks, when my rifle is basically "just a sporter".