Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:37 PM
Langford

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Does anybody recognize this chassis?

This was posted on one of the 10/22 groups on Facebook, and a lot of guys were asking for details on the chassis.

I recognize the InfamousJ name on the photo, but noticed he hasn’t been active on here in 5 years...and a browse through his old posts didn’t help.

So does anybody recognize this? I like the look also, and wouldn’t mind doing a pistol build using a charger and a rear brace.

Thanks,

Langford

Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Desert J
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/100...aluminum-matte

nordic ar22
Old 07-18-2019, 04:09 PM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah it's a Nordic. They were the ones who made the chassis for the SR10/22 roger used to sell. Brownells and I think Midway have had them super cheapately. I was going to get one but went a different route.

Here is my warning on any chassis like this where it completely surrounds the receiver. Only a stick receiver will fit in them. I had the ATI chassis and lived it but when I bought a Volquartsen receiver it wouldn't fit due to the VQ receiver being a slightly different shape. You need an open top chassis then.

So several options. I recently got an Odin chassis from Enoch Industries. They are nice machined aluminum chassis that have a pict rail at the back to attach Sig MCX/MPX style braces and stocks.

Or get a PMACA chassis as they have threads for a buffer tube giving you more options for braces or stocks.

There is adapters from KNS and KAK as well as side fold adapters to go from buffer tub threads to pict rail and vice versa.

Last option is a factory Ruger 10/22 charger stock and a Copper Customs buffer tube adapter. I have two of the adapters for sale if you're interested. Ones marres up and the other is new. I may have a whole take down charger stock and Cu Cust adapter is Midway ever released their chassis to match their hand guard I put on my braced charger takedown.

I went off the deep end and have five 10/22s and every one of them is tacticool aka $$$

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Shamokinbob

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Or just go crazy ivan
Old 07-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Langford

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thanks guys. I’ve never been big into the “tactical” looking 22’s, but that one really caught my eye. I think a pistol setup could be a lot of fun to plink around with. After my laundry list of other projects narrows down, I may look into throwing one of these together.