T/C R22 Trigger/Receiver/Bolt Pictures - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 PM
jeronimo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
T/C R22 Trigger/Receiver/Bolt Pictures

Hopefully these pictures will help answer any questions about the inner workings of the T/C vs. the 10/22.........

Note the cutout in the T/C receiver, above the mag well.

Pardon the dirty receiver! See that notch in the T/C bolt? Read more below...

After the last round is fired, the pop-up lever in the magazine pushes the bolt latch/hook up, which engages the notch in the bottom of the bolt, holding it open.
The last round hold-open mechanism is independent of the auto-bolt release, but performs the same function, when loading a fresh magazine and pulling back the bolt.

Bolt latch/hook engaged with the notch at the bottom front of the bolt.
Note that the firing pin is pinned, at the top front of the bolt.

Ruger bolt at top, T/C bolt at bottom.
The T/C bolt is fully machined, and is comparable in quality to the two Kidd and the two JWH bolts I own.

Cast bolt and staked firing pin vs. machined bolt and pinned firing pin.

Here, you can clearly see that the firing pin is pinned on the T/C bolt.

Note how robust the T/C extractor is, compared to the Ruger extractor.

Ruger trigger on left, T/C on right. Note the pinned ejector on the T/C trigger, and the circlip on the pin that passes through the upper hole of the auto bolt release.

That's the wife's Sig Pink Brimstone Tier 2 trigger. Gotta hurry up and finish, before she finds out!
Note the enlarged safety button on the T/C trigger. Note the stainless pins in the T/C trigger.
Also, the auto bolt release on the T/C trigger does not float or slide, like the Ruger one does, as the pivot pin hole is not notched.

The Ruger trigger going into the T/C receiver.....
Note on the T/C trigger, that the trigger return spring/plunger is pinned, at the very back of the housing.

The Ruger trigger fits and functions just fine in the T/C receiver, but, you can't put the T/C trigger in the Ruger receiver,
because of the latch on the side of the T/C trigger housing, and no cutout or relief in the Ruger receiver.

I think that's it. The T/C trigger breaks at around 2.5-3 lbs. It feels a lot like a BX trigger, to me.

Now, to find out if Brimstone will do a trigger job on the T/C trigger.....or maybe....try a Kidd "Trigger Job" kit........

Update 08-08-18, sent trigger to Brimstone....

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1132821

Update 08-17-18, trigger back from Brimstone......

Last edited by jeronimo; 08-17-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:53 PM
Frommer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow!!! Thanks for the detailed pictures and interesting comparison. So should I change out my T/C trigger assembly for a Ruger? Not!!! I don't have a Ruger and so far I am happy with the T/C.

Hope to take to plates tomorrow evening at the local club. I shoot a Victory, 686 and a Sig M11-A1 in the various categories we shoot..
Old 07-31-2018, 09:13 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frommer View Post
Wow!!! Thanks for the detailed pictures and interesting comparison. So should I change out my T/C trigger assembly for a Ruger? Not!!! I don't have a Ruger and so far I am happy with the T/C.

Hope to take to plates tomorrow evening at the local club. I shoot a Victory, 686 and a Sig M11-A1 in the various categories we shoot..
Nor am I, Mr. Frommer!

I was just answering a question that was asked in this thread....

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1132147

Good luck at your club shoot!

JS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Frommer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
Nor am I, Mr. Frommer!

I was just answering a question that was asked in this thread....

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1132147

Good luck at your club shoot!

JS
I understand. More forum responses do not go into the detail you did on your post. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Hup

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, great pics and info
Old 08-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Creed Bennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great pictures Jeronimo! Thanks for doing that for us folks that canít find one to look at in person. That makes me want one even more and as of today TC has a $50 rebate so I need to find one quick!
Old 08-01-2018, 11:35 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed Bennett View Post
Great pictures Jeronimo! Thanks for doing that for us folks that canít find one to look at in person. That makes me want one even more and as of today TC has a $50 rebate so I need to find one quick!
DO IT!

It's well worth the asking price, the rebate makes it even better.

That reminds me, I qualify for a veteran's rebate, I believe!

Anyway, Impact Guns, and Bud's, to name a couple of online dealers that have them.

JS
Old 08-02-2018, 03:49 PM
dlrector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks much Jeronimo! I appreciate the test fitting. Any significant differences in the bolts? Hoping TC made an improvement regarding firing pin, maybe pinning like some gunsmiths do.

I ordered one today from Brownells. Between the sale price, stacked with coupon code and ActiveJunky cashback, and TC rebate, I couldn’t resist. Might even buy a 2nd one to customize with a Feddersen barrel and Magpul stock.

Last edited by dlrector; 08-02-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: More to say
Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrector View Post
Thanks much Jeronimo! I appreciate the test fitting. Any significant differences in the bolts? Hoping TC made an improvement regarding firing pin, maybe pinning like some gunsmiths do.

I ordered one today from Brownells. Between the sale price, stacked with coupon code and ActiveJunky cashback, and TC rebate, I couldnít resist. Might even buy a 2nd one to customize with a Feddersen barrel and Magpul stock.
Yes sir, the firing pin is pinned. I added more pictures above, to clearly show the differences.

You will enjoy your new T/C. I have no doubt. I like your ideas for the 2nd one!
I'm considering the Feddersen sporter barrel for my rifle, but not until I've tested the OEM barrel out for a while.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:48 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hey folks, I added more detailed pictures of the bolt, to the original post!

JS
Old 08-02-2018, 10:51 PM
Creed Bennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Wow! The TC really makes the Ruger look second rate! Bravo TC!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:37 PM
dlrector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks again Jeronimo. That’s a nice bolt for a factory part. The machining in general is far better than Ruger. Kudos Smith & Wesson!(The REAL manufacturer as T/C only exists in name). I've also noticed that T/C is using a real ejector, Ruger just uses the magazine to eject. I really wish the Kidd trigger job parts would fit. I’d really hate to use a Ruger style trigger group and lose the bolt hold open. I’ll keep one stock, but I really think I’d rather build on one of these than a Ruger or some other Gucci receiver. Use receiver and bolt, leaving the rest for spare parts.

Last edited by dlrector; 08-02-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:54 PM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrector View Post
Thanks again Jeronimo. Thatís a nice bolt for a factory part. Iíll keep one stock, but I really think Iíd rather build on one of these than a Ruger or some other Gucci receiver. Use receiver and bolt, leaving the rest for spare parts.
Sounds like a plan for success, dlrector.

T/C did an oustanding job on the receiver and bolt. The bolt operates very smoothly, after very little break-in.
I've only sprayed the action lightly, with Hornady One Shot, after each of the three firing sessions I've done with it.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:16 AM
jeronimo

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed Bennett View Post
Wow! The TC really makes the Ruger look second rate! Bravo TC!
I will not be surprised to see Ruger answer with some kind of update to the 10/22, here in the next couple of years. It would be stupid of Ruger not to. We'll see.

The 10/22 is long overdue for an update, and there's no ignoring the market for improved receivers, by aftermarket companies like Kidd, Tactical Solutions, and Tactical Innovations.

I think the T/C has the potential to really rock the boat, of all the above mentioned companies, due to it's build quality, features, and price point.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:48 PM
stray round

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Awesome pics.

That T/C innards look first rate. Makes me want to try one.