Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Gamo Swarm Magnum .22 Shipped:

Wow This finally was shipped today after ordering it April 29. Below is the spec.

Can't wait to try it out

Gamo Swarm Magnum, Multi-shot Air Rifle
10 Shot Repeater
Gas-piston powerplant (IGT Mach1--Inert Gas Technology)
Breakbarrel
Multi-shot
Rifled steel barrel
Whisper Fusion Sound Suppression technology
Recoil Reducing Rail (RRR) maximizes scope lifespan with 99.9% recoil compensation
11mm scope rail with scope stop
SWA (Shock Wave Absorber) recoil pad reduces felt recoil by up to 74%
All-weather ambidextrous stock
Custom Action Trigger (CAT) independently adjustable 1st and 2nd stage, allows you to tailor your trigger.
15" length of pull
3-9x40 scope
Optics Features:
3-9x magnification
40mm objective lens
1" tube
30/30 reticle with fine crosshairs, perfect for target acquisition
40 ft to 12 ft field of view
3.5" eye relief
21.6 oz
13.5" long
Fogproof
Shockproof
Waterproof
Includes lens caps
Benefits of IGT over Spring Piston:
Smoother cocking
Smoother shooting (less vibration)
No spring torque
No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
Functions perfectly in cold weather
Lasts longer than a metal spring

Gamo broke the mold when it released the original Swarm Maxxim, the first successful multi-shot breakbarrel in over a decade. Now comes the Gamo Swarm Magnum the most powerful Swarm yet.
The Swarm Magnum is sure to become the definitive Swarm, taking everything shooters loved about the original and dropping in a revved-up IGT Mach 1 gas piston and Whisper Fusion technology to deliver next-level power as quietly as possible.
Featuring some of Gamoís best technologies, the Swarm Magnum has all the benefits of gas-pistons including easy cocking, smoother shooting, and the ability to fire in cold weather. Once shooters load up their 10-shot rotary magazine, the Magnum can spit .22 cal. pellets at speeds up to 1,300 fps, a full 300 fps faster than the Maxxim. After every shot, simply break the barrel and the magazine automatically loads the next round into the breach. This perfected system has been left unchanged for multiple shots as fast as you can cock the barrel. By upgrading the suppressor system from the Whisper Maxxim to the Whisper Fusion, the Magnum benefits from Gamoís quietest noise dampening technology to date.
The Magnumís stock has changed for the better as well. Featuring a glass filled nylon synthetic thumbhole stock, the Magnum provides shooters with a comfortable hold in all-weather conditions. Resting atop the stock is an 11mm Dovetail Recoil Reducing Rail System (RRR), designed to reduce recoil stress on your included 3-9x40 scope. For crisp trigger pulls, the Magnum features Gamoís Custom Action Trigger (CAT), an independently adjustable 2-stage trigger.
If you want the most powerful, most quiet version of this revolutionary multi-shot breakbarrel available, choose the Magnum!

other products by Gamo
Unit Converter for Airgun Measurements
Item Description
GA-611006125554 [PY-4560-8896]
Gamo Swarm Magnum

Caliber
0.22" (5.5mm)
Max Velocity
1300 fps
Muzzle Energy
26.6 ft/lbs
Stock
Synthetic
Grip
Ambi
Color
Black
Old 07-14-2018, 12:29 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
It came in and I have read the manual , mounted the scope and loaded the magazine. All read to sight in on Monday
Old 07-16-2018, 05:05 PM
BulletBait
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still await'n a road test report.
I've got the Gamo Noisy Cat which is a decent rifle for the money. The noisy part happens with the hollow plastic butt stock. I helped mine by squirting expanding insul foam into the cavity. Also check to make sure the so called suppressor is in perfect alignment with the bore. I had to take a rat tail file to mine opening the exit hole. Looking down the bore from the break point, there shouldn't be a black crescent shape that the pellet would hit. Mine went from poor accuracy to very decent. Anything over 1,000 fps, don't expect match accuracy from a hunting rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Air Gun Opinions

I have a .177/.22 Beeman Kodiak. Don't like the gun. Uncomfortable grip, rather crappy long range accuracy with common pellets. Really hard on scopes.

I have a .177 Rocket
This is a springer and not too bad with Tomohawk Pellets but it certainly won't match a 22 at 25 yards.

I have a Maxum .177 single shot. It shoots a little harder than the Rocket but I don't care for the fat barrel and it really isn't all that accurate at 25 yards.

I have a Chinese B1 underlever in .177. That one will group at 25 yards pretty consistently with good pellets. Took a squirrel with it this past spring.

I've done the springer thing and I'm not all that happy with them overall. I think regulated PCP repeaters is where it's at because they are getting none of the accuracy robbing vibration of the spring/nitro pistons, They have the advantage of a fixed barrel, very consistent velocities and accuracy with REGULATED models can rival match 22 ammo at close range for a useful string of shots. They are cheap to shoot with No CO2. All you need is a high pressure hand pump. The introductory models are coming down in price to become affordable.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A note about "commonly available" pellets - if you're buying from a brick-and-mortar store, they're probably junk compared to what's out there. I strongly urge anyone who wants to see the accuracy of their airgun to buy the JSB pellet sampler - one of them is always a winner. And if it's a springer, clean your barrel, shoot a few hundred break-in shots, double check your mounts, scope, and all action screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
I've done the springer thing and I'm not all that happy with them overall. I think regulated PCP repeaters is where it's at because they are getting none of the accuracy robbing vibration of the spring/nitro pistons, They have the advantage of a fixed barrel, very consistent velocities and accuracy with REGULATED models can rival match 22 ammo at close range for a useful string of shots. They are cheap to shoot with No CO2. All you need is a high pressure hand pump. The introductory models are coming down in price to become affordable.
Not to thread highjack but regulated PCPs are truly impressive. Well tuned they have velocity (vertical spread) as good as match .22LR ammo. Maybe better. My .30 RAW is on its way back from Allen Z and he shot this *TEN* shot group at 100y is a very light breeze. Needless to say the brown Santa is eagerly awaited. ETA: the picture was rotated 90 degrees for some reason. The spread was mostly horizontal due to the cross breeze. Obviously a $2k PCP with $500+ of tuning is not for everyone, but it shows what's capable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8E26D109-367D-4F47-AF2A-26914AF2EE33.jpg (481.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by dgeesaman; 07-16-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:34 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1. It boasts 21 fpe which is 5 less than yours. Based on mine and comparing to yours I would guess you better have a spare scope on hand at all times. Got mine in Feb and so far it has eaten two UTG's as well as the original Gamo. Mine will shoot nickel size groups at 30 yds. if I do my part but it is really hard to do my part on some days. These guys are very hold sensitive. I like the rifle and am not sorry I bought it as it was an inexpensive introduction into airguns but the next one will be a PCP. The problem with mine is I have to think every shot through. From the stock placement on the shoulder to the pressure on the shoulder to the position of the hand under the stock to the cheek pressure to the depth of the finger through the trigger guard. I actually got to a point where I tried to shoot poor shots by altering the above mentioned and see how much they affected poi. I have never shot a PCP but I am thinking it might be similar to comparing a Xbow to a compound bow. Very challenging but I knew that when I bought it and I do like to shoot it. Over 7000 pellets in 5 months. A word of advise based on my experience. When you shoot some real nice groups and come back the next day and your groups suck or the poi moved an inch, you will be tempted to blame the scope or rifle. In my case it has always been me. Embrace the challenge and keep us posted my friend and good luck.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:40 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
I have a .177/.22 Beeman Kodiak. Don't like the gun. Uncomfortable grip, rather crappy long range accuracy with common pellets. Really hard on scopes.

I have a .177 Rocket
This is a springer and not too bad with Tomohawk Pellets but it certainly won't match a 22 at 25 yards.

I have a Maxum .177 single shot. It shoots a little harder than the Rocket but I don't care for the fat barrel and it really isn't all that accurate at 25 yards.

I have a Chinese B1 underlever in .177. That one will group at 25 yards pretty consistently with good pellets. Took a squirrel with it this past spring.

Have to agree with you about the challenge of the springers and nitro pistons. But I am glad I started with a nitro piston and not a pcp. I can now move to the pcp and appreciate the benefits. Sort of like my auto trans in my truck. I wouldn't want to give it up but I am glad I can drive a stick.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:30 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I couldn't get out today to shoot Lawn mowing and building a hand rail into the garage entry to our home was on the wife's TO DO LIST, maybe tomorrow before I trap shot This thing has a huge silencer on the end of the barrel. I'm going to sight in with H&N Terminator Pellets, .22 Cal, 16.36 Grains, Hollow point. Then go from there. I will shoot thru my G2 chronograph so we can see if that 1300fps is correct or not???

Thanks for all the advice, This will be my winter garage pass time, when I can't get out into the cold, and my deer chaser from our backyard along the golf course. In the winter u would think my lawn is a hotel for deer In the spring U would think U are walking in a feed lot from all the deer waste. That may change

Last edited by SDBigDog1955; 07-16-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:44 AM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gamo rates their guns with pba pellets. Mine was rated at 1020 fps. It actually shoots 14.66 H and N FTT at 777 fps. I would be surprised if the pellets you are about to try break 1000 fps. But man that would still be a lot of energy for an air rifle. You will usually find that the super lite super fast pellets shoot poorly. The pellet you are starting with should be a good starting point.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:26 AM
schutzen-jager

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
enjoy it - but hope that you never have to deal with Gamo USA for parts - worst customer service in air gun industry ! -
Old 07-17-2018, 09:12 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I got to shoot the Gamo this morning and after the 6th shot the scope twisted, crosshairs are loose inside scope, scope tight to rings Now what do I do?? I emailed the supplier and they said they are thinking about what to do?
I thought that would be a no brainer???
The chronograph adverage on the six shots was 868 fps, St Dev 35 and spread 112.

Pyramyd Air should know what to do U would think??

Ok What scope should I order to take the shock of the spring?
Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For a magnum springer I rely on Leupold EFRs or Bushnell Elites with AO.

There are other options on straightshooters.com under their "heavy recoil" category.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Leupold or Hawke's been my long-lasting glass. Oh, and an old fixed 4X Jap Tasco with AO.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 07-17-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:50 PM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Gamo scope woes are well documented on the net. That's the reason I'm using open sights only on my Noisy Cat. Can't be much hep for a good replacement; but the experts at Pyramyd Air should.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:08 AM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBigDog1955 View Post
I got to shoot the Gamo this morning and after the 6th shot the scope twisted, crosshairs are loose inside scope, scope tight to rings Now what do I do?? I emailed the supplier and they said they are thinking about what to do?
I thought that would be a no brainer???
The chronograph adverage on the six shots was 868 fps, St Dev 35 and spread 112.

Pyramyd Air should know what to do U would think??

Ok What scope should I order to take the shock of the spring?
I had the same thing happen to mine. I called the Gamo ph # and talked to a very nice gal who mailed me a Fed Ex tag to ship it back at their cost. They replaced it with an upgrade. The new one is AO and the old one was not. Has worked well for about 4000 shots so far. I UTG had a broken reticle and one UTG had a lens start to shatter. No recommendation on them although the company replaced them both. I put the UTG on a rimfire as I do like the scope especially for the money.