Advantage Arms Glock 22 conversion kit - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Candyman
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Advantage Arms Glock 22 conversion kit

On my way home a couple of weeks ago I stopped in at the local Pawn Shops to pickup one of the stripper Areo AR uppers they had gotten in. While I was there I had a look around. I spotted an Advantage Arms 22 caliber conversion kit. It was used, a little dirty, but priced $165. I didnít have a close look at it but I thought it would be nice to have.
While at work the next day I started thinking about the conversion kit. It was for a Gen 3 gun and would fit my Glock 22 frame. I looked up what a new kit cost, $299.
But then that squirrel in the back of my head started running around and got me to thinking about how cool it would be to pick up a Polymer 80 Glock 17 frame and use it to build a 22 pistol. So on my way home I stopped in at the shop and had a good look at the conversion kit.
It appears that it was another victim from the 2016 Flood. There was some rust on the guide rod and a little on the barrel, but the bore was bright and there was an extra mag.
We went back and forth on the price and ended up at $100 out the door.
Here are the pics I took when I got home.

I test fired it and had a few FTF and FTE issues so I ordered a spring replacement kit along with an extra magazine spring from Advantage Arms, which was only $27 with shipping.

The magazine springs were pretty bad but everything cleaned up really nice.

With the new guide rod and springs it functioned without issues

I have a Polymer 80 frame on order. I went with the FDE frame. I canít wait to have it finished. This one is going to be fun.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:33 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have four AA Glock kits where I bought complete Glock frames so I have complete pistols. I also built a RIA 1911 frame for my AA standard 1911 kit. I find it helps reliabilty to keep the sliding ejector lubed. The more the AA kits are shot the more reliable they become.

I’ve read a couple post on AR-15.com where people have attempted to use 80% lowers with AA 22 conversion kits. I think there may have been issues with the locking block on the series 80 frames. If you run into problems you might search the 80% frame threads in the handgun Glock section.

Another option is to use your 80% frame with centerfire Glock slide and us the factory frame with the AA kit. I shoot my Advantage Arms Glock pistols more than any other hand guns.

Looks like you got a very good deal on the AA kit. It might be a good idea to disassemble the slide on the AA kit and clean the striker channel. The AA slide end plate comes off in the same manner as a centerfire slide. I’d also inspect the firing pin safety plunger spring for rust.

9E6C23CC-9B48-44F2-856D-00FFD2EFDABA

Last edited by VASCAR2; 06-21-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Candyman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post

Looks like you got a very good deal on the AA kit. It might be a good idea to disassemble the slide on the AA kit and clean the striker channel. The AA slide end plate comes off in the same manner as a centerfire slide. Iíd also inspect the firing pin safety plunger spring for rust.
[/url]
I cleaned out the striker channel and replaced the spring and sleeve with the parts that came with the spring kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 07:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good deal, didnít know what springs came in the spring kit from AA. Been a while since I bought parts from them. I did call them after they moved to Idaho and the CS person said the AA kits and mags have a lifetime warranty on the kits and mags. I was wanting to buy some spare parts and a follower for a faulty mag. They gave the follower free of charge.

My Target 17/22 kit and my 26/27 kits have digested many tens of thousands of rounds.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:06 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Nice catch...I owned one for a while but I have so many .22lr pistols I just didn't use it enough to justify, enjoy
Old 06-23-2018, 08:16 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I bought mine used about 5 years ago and I like it on my Glock 34 but it needs attention to keep it running. Remington Golden Bullets have been the most reliable. I'm not a Remington fan but these seem to have the most short-barrel recoil without getting into ultra-high-velocity stuff.

They warn against dry firing and my breech has been significantly peened. I try to never drop the hammer on an empty chamber but it happens and I have to get out the Menck Chamber Tool from time to time. It's also sensitive to even a little carbon buildup in the chamber.

It's a great way to have some lower-cost lower-noise fun with the Glock especially for people who are intimidated by the 9mm.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Candyman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well the plan was to get a Polymer 80 G17 frame in FDE, but the wholesaler that my local gun shop orders from was out of FDE frames. So I had him order me a OD Green frame. I know that I could have ordered from somewhere else but not for $100.
The frame arrived and was a quick build. Everything fit great and functions great.

Last edited by Candyman; 07-17-2018 at 08:04 PM.