Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New pawn shop Henry pump 22LR octagon!!

So... got my first ever Henry rifle today... always have wanted a pump action 22 but for one reason or another never had the $$, the right rifle etc. Today stopped into a local pawn shop on a whim and found this beauty; NIB, looks like never fired. I didn't have the $375 they were asking for in cash but decided that I had a few guns in the safe that I never really shot and had no need for and ended up making an even swap for this. Model H003T 22 S/L/LR with the octagon barrel. TOugh to see it in these pics but there's some really neat grain patterns in the walnut. Gonna take her out to the range tomorrow to break her in.... the pawn shop definitely made out good with what I traded them for but I know I'll use this way more and enjoy it more than a few novelties that were just collecting safe space.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:57 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking you will love it

nothing more fun than a pump .22. the henry has a very stiff pump action but it will smooth/lighten up with use. check you pump handle screws, it they loosen up you will have function problems. pump it like you are mad at it. I use light weight slideglide red grease on my pumps bolt , bottom and sides. it will smooth it up and break in will be better.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:09 PM
DroopyBassets75
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Good choice. I am a sucker for a pump with an exposed hammer. Guns like yours never seem to lose their charm. Go break that thing in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2017, 04:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First time at range

Took it out to the range today. At 25 yards the iron sights were hitting about 3 inches left for me (or it could just be my less than perfect eyesight) but was putting all the rounds into very tight groups for those semi buckhorn iron sights. Drifted the sights a bit and it seems to be on point now. Debating about putting a small rimfire scope up top. That front bead really covers a lot of the target. But what fun!!!! We also used it to shoot at clay pigeons at 100 yards and was hitting them about one every 5 to 7 shots. Felt great; very solid.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good for you.

Get a little 4x scope on amazon,and the leupold rings,and you’ll hit this clays 5 out 5 .Also try out some shorts ,Not at 100 yards ,but they are a gas.If your gonna stick with irons then get some hi vis fiber optic sights. But for me the scope is the answer. Just get the smallest one they have.Henrys are the funnest gun around!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i dont often look at the newer versions these days but i have to admit this looks like a fine rifle , congrats ,
Old 12-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Auriemma
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice find and congrats. It looks sweet!
Old 12-20-2017, 05:04 AM
Off-target

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on your new Henry! I had mine at the range a couple of days ago, and it was the first time I've used it in a while.

I've made myself a resolution that it will get used a lot more frequently .... I still have the smile on my face. I'd forgotten how much fun the pump action is!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:26 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
octagon barrel

all are if made after 2012, the "NEW" model. prior they were round barrel. early ones had lock up problems, you had to push forward on pump handle to keep one from un locking. the pump was out of production for a full year to redesign something in the action. I know this because I was trying to buy a pump and ended up corresponding with Anthony at Henry. I had an outstanding order for a year and mine finally showed up about April of 2013. LS got it in , it was 375.00 back then, new. I love it, very accurate, good looking and dependable. I put a brasslite receiver on mine, lookin GOOD !keep the pump handle screws tight and pump it like you are mad at it!! I wish Henry would do a CARBINE version of the pump, how sweet that would be with a 16-18" octagon barrel.