Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:22 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
I wish Remington would make second generation New Army percussion revolvers like Colt did. I donít think there would be a huge market, but if they could sell them in England these may be huge sellers. The Remington could use pre-loaded cylinders and change out the cylinders quickly.

Stainless would be nice.

I have the Ruger Old Army in stainless and it is a beast in strength, but it is nowhere near as elegant as an original Remington.
If only Smith & Wesson would make a Model 686 using this muzzle loading cylinder pattern, or for that matter a Ruger GP100 in stainless
Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cottrell View Post
Good Lord, they seem to love to complicate things back there. Lucky my ancestors left in 1632.
Well when you get handed a crap sandwich you can either grimace in disgust and eat it, or come up with something different that is at least a bit palatable.

I just noticed your location - Tiverton RI, the original Tiverton in Devon is about 125 miles from where I live (Falmouth), I just looked it up on google maps I see a lot of place names I recognise including a Falmouth and Truro, the latter in the UK being where I am typing this now. Nice to see they took the familiar names with them.

Last edited by rockdrill; 07-17-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:37 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A short video clip of my son shooting the nitro muzzle loader:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huaudi8mvb...20MLR.MTS?dl=0

Old 07-29-2019, 10:58 AM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Thanks rockdrill, I did get to visit the UK in the mid 80s on a military exercise. 3 weeks in East Anglia. I had a free 3 days in Norwich and visited a few sporting shops and a few pubs. Great time. Yes lots of same named towns here, and one even celebrates the 5th of November. lol.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:44 PM
mushka
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am supremely grateful that I was born in 1944 and in the United States. I grew up in good times, better than kids have it now. I have all kinds of weaponry and none of it is illegal, a few are controlled but available and legal. We have it good in this country.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:31 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
But the times, they are a'changin.....
Old 08-10-2019, 08:57 AM
mike243
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice pistol, I give most of my muzzle loaders to my son when I upgrade, went with a savage smokeless about 4 years ago,best and last upgrade I will be making.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:26 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Very interesting thread Rockdrill. Interesting moniker you've taken as well. I own a small mining supply company and we still sell a few rock drills here and there although automated drill jumbos have taken over in large scale mining applications.

Curiosity led me to this very interesting digest of being a shooter/gun owner in the UK. The MARS action was of particular interest to me. It all seems silly buggers in some ways but as you note, we all do whatever it takes to maintain compliance and still enjoy the avocation. https://qr.ae/TWrR3E

Frank
Old 08-14-2019, 02:22 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Frank,

The moniker is as a result of me being a mining geologist, and having used such tools in the past.

Unfortunately the MARS action and the lever release actions have now been banned by our glorious government as being scary 'rapid firing rifles'. The Lever Release action has been around over 10 years and never caused any issues. I personally think the MARS action tipped the scales though as it has been demonstrated firing quite rapidly using its double trigger pull system, the lever release rifles with a separate mechanism are a bit more sedate. Also the lever release was built in the UK from the ground up in compliance with our legislation. The MARS it would seem is a bit more questionable, with suggestions of it being a retrospective conversion of a self loading centre fire rifle - a no-no under our law.

Regards
Dale
Old 08-14-2019, 07:24 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Ah, that makes sense Dale. Our two big sectors are moly and coal. Interestingly Colorado has some of the richest and best grade molybdenum deposits in the world.

Shame about those 2 actions being banned but given the climate perfectly understandable. I've always been taught to enjoy what I have and not fret over what I don't. Again thanks for the very interesting peek into your unique (to us here) revolvers.

Frank