99% (62)
WALTHER 22lr German PP 1973 in our FS Section

just listed 1 Fs in our Trading Post Classifieds under Pistols thanks john
Old 07-08-2019, 11:49 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh man ELEY, that is a beautiful pistol. What's the deal here if you don't mind? I looked at the listing. Is this pistol on Gunbroker or are you selling? I've purchased from Members here but not on Gunbroker. Not sure how that works.

I know the rules are first offer gets it. I'm really tempted....I like the PP better than the PPK or PPK/S myself. I'm assuming original finish and the pistol function is 100%. Is there any damage around the muzzle other than high end finish wear? Thanks, 1917
Old 07-08-2019, 12:32 PM
ELEY
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
99% (62)
WALTHER PP 1973 22 LR GERMAN BLUE

Did you look at the picture of the end its about MINT thanks john and i HAVE almost 900 ALL + Feedbacks on Ebay as 22eley we dont get those buy selling Damaged goods if it was BAD i would of told you up front thats why MY Phone is in the ADD Use iT please the Picture make the Finish look worse than it is. it looks better in your hand. thanks john

Last edited by ELEY; 07-08-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Cant Pell!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 02:27 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for getting back. I'll take it. Looks like just what I'm looking for. PM sent with particulars. Thanks much. 1917
Old 07-08-2019, 03:08 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll touch base on the phone too as soon as I get back around service. No good here and I'm back and forth to a nearby Client's house where there is no signal, ever. You'd think in 2019 cell phone coverage would be everywhere. I get one bar at my house, the farm and the office....sometimes. 1917
Old 07-08-2019, 03:55 PM
ELEY

TPC Rating: 
99% (62)
OH HOLD PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
I'll touch base on the phone too as soon as I get back around service. No good here and I'm back and forth to a nearby Client's house where there is no signal, ever. You'd think in 2019 cell phone coverage would be everywhere. I get one bar at my house, the farm and the office....sometimes. 1917
I just marked FS Add on HOLD for you please keep me posted thanks john
Old 07-18-2019, 06:16 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The pistol arrived today and now sits in the safe until I get a chance to begin shooting it. I wonder where these pistols are found. Other than the letters and numbers lightly etched into the left side of the frame there isn't a scratch on the pistol. I have no idea what the numbers are but they are extremely neatly done. What appears to be one original mag. There is no wear on the grips, everything seems to work as designed. Only finish wear appears on the outside of the barrel from movement of the slide. Thanks much ELEY for getting the pistol to me. I know we will enjoy it for a long time to come.

Now, if I can find a PPK .22 in the shape of this pistol I will call it a day. Actually I should keep my Manurhin .380 and sell the other three in .380. Thanks again ELEY. 1917
Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 AM
ELEY

TPC Rating: 
99% (62)
WALTHER PP 1973 22 LR GERMAN BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
The pistol arrived today and now sits in the safe until I get a chance to begin shooting it. I wonder where these pistols are found. Other than the letters and numbers lightly etched into the left side of the frame there isn't a scratch on the pistol. I have no idea what the numbers are but they are extremely neatly done. What appears to be one original mag. There is no wear on the grips, everything seems to work as designed. Only finish wear appears on the outside of the barrel from movement of the slide. Thanks much ELEY for getting the pistol to me. I know we will enjoy it for a long time to come.

Now, if I can find a PPK .22 in the shape of this pistol I will call it a day. Actually I should keep my Manurhin .380 and sell the other three in .380. Thanks again ELEY. 1917
I will keep my eye out for the PPK 22 BUT i know i cant Even come close to ever buying 1 at that price! thanks for the good words, john
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've actually been using the pistol to test mags. A couple of people over at Walther Forum have sent me mags that they could not get to function properly and a Bernadelli mod 60 mag. I have made them all run 100% and learned a whole lot about how a PP .22 mag fits, the ejector is engaged, how far the ejector drops in order to leave a small rectangular space for the slide to move forward, the height of a round in the mag, problems these mags have with feeding 9 or 10 rounds and why and why the Bernadelli has the same issue.

Almost drop in parts for original PP .22 mags and the Bernadelli are found in P22 mags. To make a Bernadelli work you have to remove a portion of the left front ear so it will clear the ejector, lower the nose just a small amt so it won't run into the bottom of the feed ramp. Then cut a slot to hold the mag at the right height. The mag is a bit taller than a PP so you make a small cut across the spline, tap it out a bit with a punch and the mag fits perfectly. The expansion stop over insertion. That mag holds 12 rounds and runs almost 100%. Feeding is 100% but the follower is not designed quite right for engaging the ejector leg. That is easily cured with a slightly modified P22 follower.

As for a stock PP .22 it can suffer one of the same problems the Bernadelli and the original P22 mags have...not feed the top rounds. What happens is as the rounds stack on top of one another the rim causes the rear of the rounds to lift but the nose stays down. By the time you get to the last three rounds they all have a tendency to go nose down. This can cause the nose of the round to jam into the bottom of the feed ramp nose. You can do all manner of fooling around with the follower but the problem is the rounds stacking in a curve. So, what is the cure? Simple. Rim stagger slots just like a P22 and many other .22 mags have. This benefits the Bernadelli and the original PP .22 mags.

While folks are a bit edgy about working on rare $150 mags....I'm not. After installing P22 parts in a stock PP empty shell someone sent me...it worked 100% except for the top rounds with hollow points. They were going nose down into the bottom of the feed ramp. So, I cut some P22 style stagger slots in it. Then, like the Bernadelli, it fed 100%. While the P22 mag spring works as does the Bernadelli....mag springs from a Smith Compact are a bit longer and stronger and work even better. The paperclip springs in the PP mags are quite strong.

What the stagger slots allow is for the rear of the rounds to slide off of the top of the one under it. This lowers the rear of the round while the nose stays where it should be. The slots allow the top 9, 10, 11, or 12 rounds to sit nose up and if you press the nose down it pops right back up. There are no misfeeds at this point. There are half a dozen little things you need to check but all of that is in the threads at Walther forum. PP section.

Picture of a P22 mag on the left and a modified PP mag on the right. Stagger slots and the top rounds sit nose up like they should. The original P22 mags did not feed properly, Walther added stagger slots and cured the problem. Someone with a small laser cutter could make short work of adding some very neat slots to old PP mags. Slots aren't required on .32 or .380 because there are no rims sticking out. Note that since I received an empty PP mag....I needed a bottom bumper. Installed is a flat base P22 one but the Bernadelli fits fine as do the bottom plates on .32 PP mags, etc. It is amazing how closely these mags are made to each other. But a P22 and new zinc PPK/S will not fit into the magwell of a PP pistol. BTW ELEY, the Bumper base had a crack in the front but it looks like it will be an easy fix with a small amt of glue.

If you look at the Bernadelli mag on the right you can see that by the time you get to the 5th or 6th round the slant has all but been lost. The more rounds you add, the more the nose goes down. I added stagger slots to the Bernadelli mag and notice what happens....the rounds begins to stagger, the rear rims slide off to the side allowing the top rounds to return to the proper nose up position. A stock PP .22 mag does exactly the same thing. Nose down with no stagger slots, add stagger slots and at the stagger slots the rims begin to go nose up as required for proper feeding.

If you have a PP .22 mag, load it up and notice how the top rounds become loose with regard to the nose of the round and how it can sit nose down. You can easily lift the nose but when the breech rail hits the top of the slanting case it tries to shove the nose down. Too far down and it goes into the bottom of the feed ramp. This is why you read of people only loading 7 or 8 rounds. Add those stagger slots and 10 will fit fine, in fact, I didn't notice but 11 rounds fit fine with the stagger slots added to an otherwise stock mag....but, I was only going for 10 that fed properly. A Bersa mag will be next. What I'm looking for is an easy to modify, inexpensive and yet still available mag that will fit the PP .22 pistols with a minimal amt of modifications. 1917

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 07-23-2019 at 06:37 PM.