Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2018, 03:23 PM
bluzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking New camera - Nikon Coolpix P1000

NOTE: I have no vested interest in Nikon cameras other than being a fan. There are large zoom "bridge" cameras available from Sony, Canon, etc. that merit due consideration too.

I bought the new Nikon Coolpix P1000 about 10 days ago. It's Nikon's latest "bridge" camera - between simple point-and-shoot and full DSLR. The P1000 has an insane optical zoom of 125X. Prior to this, I've been using a Nikon Coolpix B700 with 60X optical zoom. It's much smaller, lighter and much less expensive than the P1000 with much of the same feature set as the P1000 but with half the zoom capability. Since I find myself shooting a lot of wildfife and landscape pictures, zoom is important to me. OTOH, I was concerned about the size and weight difference between the cameras.

I put my initial impressions of the camera on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B07F5HPXK4) but here's my conclusion. Despite my concerns about the P1000's weight and size, I've found that carrying it, framing shots quickly and shooting without a monopod/tripod produces excellent unedited image quality, at least to this amateur's eyes.

Last edited by bluzman; 10-28-2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Add disclaimer note.