Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2021, 06:13 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (136)
Sick of gougers

I don't need any guns or ammo, and feel sorry for those that got caught short.
I see a lot of gouging going on , and even our fellow RFC'ers can't resist apparently.
I know, "free market, don't buy if you don't want to", blah blah blah, it's just low class.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Glad I don't need any G&A either. I try not to look for the gougers.

Last edited by Rosscoe; 04-07-2021 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
What do you mean? You don't want to pay $500 for 3,250 rounds of Fed AM or $950 for a case of CCI SV......lol.

Last edited by Nick7274; 04-07-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2021, 08:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I still don't understand where all of the ammo, powder, bullets and primers are if all of the companies are still producing them. Fortunately I don't need anything but I sure would like to buy some things. I searched for some bullets and no one has anything except some shotgun sabots.

When will it end?
Old 04-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whig View Post
I still don't understand where all of the ammo, powder, bullets and primers are if all of the companies are still producing them. Fortunately I don't need anything but I sure would like to buy some things. I searched for some bullets and no one has anything except some shotgun sabots.

Panic mode, people are still in it and scarfing stuff up as soon as it hits the shelf. That and the usual back door shenanigans and flippers. My small town Walmart gets a dribble of 22rf and other ammo in most weeks. Depending on the amount its gone in minutes to a couple hours according to the sports counter guys I've talked to.
When will it end?
My crystal ball has begun to grow hazy, a 10 spot usually clears it up.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:43 PM
candr44

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It'll end when people stop panic buying. Panic buying seems to come and go in cycles. Stock up on guns and ammo in between cycles and don't support the people charging high prices.

Air guns are an alternative to firearms during panic buying. Guns and ammo are still readily available and affordable. Also, full auto, short barreled rifles, and silencers are all legal on air guns without any NFA rules.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:53 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
I have enough for my needs but I sold some on the trading post for the going price. I kept the rest for my local youth training instructor. I figured the kids need to shoot a bit, too. I don't object to those who charge high prices. I don't buy it.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:04 PM
farrlarr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by candr44 View Post
It'll end when people stop panic buying. Panic buying seems to come and go in cycles. Stock up on guns and ammo in between cycles and don't support the people charging high prices.

Air guns are an alternative to firearms during panic buying. Guns and ammo are still readily available and affordable. Also, full auto, short barreled rifles, and silencers are all legal on air guns without any NFA rules.

Hate to tell you this but pellets are in short supply, too!
Old 04-07-2021, 11:05 PM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I just sold 7 boxes of 17hmr on GB. I no longer have a rifle chambered for it. $45 opening bid, no reserve. I expected the bid to go considerably higher, and by the end of the auction, it did. Does that put me among the gougers?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Didn't we go through this.... several times......in the last 5-20 years?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:15 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can get upset and you can vent but if I sell any ammo today, I want to make sure i can buy it back in six months if I needed it. Anybody who just tries to be nice to the world has the word sucker written all over their face and someone will take advantage of them. This is coming from someone who has been way too nice to people and I've seen the pattern happen many times. So if you paid $17,000 for your house in 1975, do you think it's unreasonable to ask $400,000 in today's dollars. You know you could buy a NICE NEW car for less than $5000 back then. Now you better have $25000 for a rather cheap ride. Inflation is a real hidden tax over time. I'm upset gas is going up. Should I yell at the gas station owner?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:26 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrlarr View Post
Hate to tell you this but pellets are in short supply, too!
Lol I was gonna say that he must not have looked into airguns recently as theres big shortage on pellets there also. I stocked up about 6 months ago seeing where it was going. I'm good for a few years for sure.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:28 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Toilet paper derangement syndrome comes to mind.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:45 AM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC View Post
I just sold 7 boxes of 17hmr on GB. I no longer have a rifle chambered for it. $45 opening bid, no reserve. I expected the bid to go considerably higher, and by the end of the auction, it did. Does that put me among the gougers?
Hahaha. Yes. When the bidding gets too high they could allow a seller to say stop because if someone wants to pay more for that, then my conscience is going to bother me.

If I was selling at the going rate / replacement cost, that would not be gouging IMHO. You're approach allows the market decide their price without you "gouging". Way to go.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:10 AM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fortunately we have not suffered form the panic buying here in the UK but it does have knock on effects.

The thought of hiking the prices is pretty deplorable and reeks of profiteering which is highly immoral, as someone working on the frontline in Covid I think these people need to check their moral compass.

CCI STD quality control has suffered in the panic to mass produce as much ammo as possible.

a few years ago CCI was my favorite ammo of all time. they where well made the heads where uniform and they had consistent velocities.

It seems we get your cast offs in the UK and I was unlucky enough to get 1k, which obviously came from a bad batch, some of the heads where actually malformed mutants and it looked like air got into the bullet dies, as they looked like a melted candle.

They seem very dirty by comparison to my old box of CCI green tag.

It actually makes me a little sad I really liked Aguila and wanted to support them. I will not risk buying CCI STD again. Their loss is Eley's and SK's gain.

Last edited by Discontinued; 04-08-2021 at 04:13 AM.