Mark II Target 10" blue - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:30 PM
fugawe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I paid $130 more than you did and was happy to do it! That's a heck of a deal!
Old 04-08-2021, 03:37 PM
captaint
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I installed one of the Weigand mounts on my GM for a Vortex red dot. I did so to eliminate
the drill & tap routine. Weigand unit mounts in the dovetail for the rear sight. No d & t and it's very stable. It's a little large, but I'm happy. Been using it for a couple years now, every week.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:56 PM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugawe View Post
I paid $130 more than you did and was happy to do it! That's a heck of a deal!
I was expecting the price to be $100-$200 more, and was honestly surprised when I read the pricetag and even moreso after looking it over

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaint View Post
I installed one of the Weigand mounts on my GM for a Vortex red dot. I did so to eliminate
the drill & tap routine. Weigand unit mounts in the dovetail for the rear sight. No d & t and it's very stable. It's a little large, but I'm happy. Been using it for a couple years now, every week.
Thanks for your positive commentary about the Weigand rail I think it needs to have a decent cross section to give it the proper rigidity considering it's only physically attached to the receiver at one end of it. I'm leaning more and more towards getting one and investigating suitable pistol scopes.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:34 PM
JStacy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
I used the Weigand mount on a 5.5" MKII for several years and it was completely stable. I will add that I did one additional thing with the mount ! Lock Tite makes a product called "sticks all " I put that under the remainder of the rail and it held very tight. Extra Sticks all can easily be removed with a cloth dampened with lacquer thinner. If you decide to remove the rail at a future date the residual SA can be removed from the receiver with the same lacquer thinner. To remove the rail , after glued on with SA, you will need to give the edge of the rail , after unbolting from base in dove tail, a sharp tap with a plastic mallet to break the glue seal.
Good products , been there done that !!
Old 04-09-2021, 08:09 AM
wvjoetc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Very nice find and good price to boot, you can't beat that with a big stick. I bet ya it's a real good shooter too!
Old 04-09-2021, 07:36 PM
10Xfromafar
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great deal

Thatís a fine looking MK. I have a 6 in Bull barrel and love it. Can you tell me how I may go about getting the manufacturing date on my pistol. I would appreciate it thanks.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:37 PM
chuckbiscuits

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Iím just glad you didnít dislocate your elbow or shoulder getting your wallet unlimbered. I know I would have!!
Old 04-10-2021, 08:31 AM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjoetc View Post
Very nice find and good price to boot, you can't beat that with a big stick. I bet ya it's a real good shooter too!
Thanks, I did well I've yet to shoot it yet but will post my experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xfromafar View Post
Thatís a fine looking MK. I have a 6 in Bull barrel and love it. Can you tell me how I may go about getting the manufacturing date on my pistol. I would appreciate it thanks.
Below is a chart direct from Ruger for Mark II years of production that you should find helpful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbiscuits View Post
Iím just glad you didnít dislocate your elbow or shoulder getting your wallet unlimbered. I know I would have!!
LOL
Old 04-10-2021, 08:32 AM
DrewBone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
I used the Weigand mount on a 5.5" MKII for several years and it was completely stable. I will add that I did one additional thing with the mount ! Lock Tite makes a product called "sticks all " I put that under the remainder of the rail and it held very tight. Extra Sticks all can easily be removed with a cloth dampened with lacquer thinner. If you decide to remove the rail at a future date the residual SA can be removed from the receiver with the same lacquer thinner. To remove the rail , after glued on with SA, you will need to give the edge of the rail , after unbolting from base in dove tail, a sharp tap with a plastic mallet to break the glue seal.
Good products , been there done that !!
Thank you for sharing your above words of wisdom!