Henry H001Y hitting high out of the box, front sight options? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2021, 02:09 PM
RugerRedhawk

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Henry H001Y hitting high out of the box, front sight options?

With the rear sight bottomed out I'm hitting 4-5" high at 25 yards consistently with a 6 o clock hold off a steady rest.

I'd like to put a skinner sight on anyway, but wondering if anyone has insight as to what front sight might work best for me since the skinner is going to sit even higher than the stock v-notch sight from henry. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:26 PM
sulfur-n-steel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you go with the Skinner that sits on the receiver groves, Skinner makes a matching front to compensate for the height difference.

http://www.skinnersights.com/front_sights_5.html
Old 03-30-2021, 06:43 AM
RugerRedhawk

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah I'm looking at the one that screws to the receiver, not using the grooves. Either way they offer 10 different blade heights honestly I don't have the slightest clue which would have a chance at working.

I'm starting to wonder if I should call henry first and figure out why it's hitting so high with the stock sights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2021, 10:21 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk View Post
Yeah I'm looking at the one that screws to the receiver, not using the grooves. Either way they offer 10 different blade heights honestly I don't have the slightest clue which would have a chance at working.

I'm starting to wonder if I should call henry first and figure out why it's hitting so high with the stock sights.
Yep thats a good idea. Its possible you got one with the wrong sights on it. Like from a golden boy with the droopier but stock, or from a longer barrel model. They will help you! Great customer service
Old 03-30-2021, 10:50 AM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Frontier shot high with the original sight, Called Henry and they sent a taller front sight. Give them a call. I wish S&W and Ruger would offer sights for their guns when the standard sights don't work. They could learn from Henry.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Photobug

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for this.

I just shot my new Golden Boy yesterday. With the rear sight bottomed out I was able to hit things by aiming a few inches low at 25 yards even lower at 50 yards. I would like to sight for direct aim. I will contact Henry hopefully they will provide a new front sight so I have options other than aiming low. I did not buy my Henry for distance shooting, my eyes don't go that far.