CPC wait time?? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-19-2021, 01:05 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Mine came back today. Including shipping time 9-10 weeks.

Will take it to the range on Tuesday or Weds. What I think will be the order of importance to me will be trigger, bolt, barrel. Also longevity would be in there. Have yet to read a post where a CPC full tune up needed anything else.

Keeping the packaging materials if there is a next one to send.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:13 AM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (102)
Randy has done a bunch of 10/22s for me, four in the past year. The only thing I can say us that no matter how long the wait, it is worth it.

Randy: is the discontinuation of the full tuneup a temporary measure?
Old 07-21-2021, 11:34 AM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Yes Full Tuneup is gone forever....
Old 07-21-2021, 12:03 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC View Post
Say it ain't so. The best deal going for 10/22 modification is no longer. Glad I got the ones done that I did. We all knew it was going to happen eventually.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:36 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Can't we piece together the Full Tuneup? Realize the cost would be higher than before.

What would we miss out on by not piecing together trigger, bolt and barrel?
Old 07-21-2021, 02:40 PM
n2omike
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I've had the full tune up done on seven guns. The $200 price was ridiculous for what you get. It was the best deal in all of gunsmithing... not just 10/22's. I mean, the entire gun blueprinted and accurized for less than the price of a nice scope!

I think you could raise the price to $300 to make it worth your while, and you'd still get enough takers to keep you busy. Either that, or do you still do the full tune up minus the trigger?

Hope you're doing well, Randy! I appreciate everything you do!

Mike
Old 07-21-2021, 04:04 PM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Yes you can order a trigger job with a Abbreviated Tuneup... You just will not be charged the $9 postage...
Yes the Abbreviated Tuneup is the exactly the same as Full Tuneup minus trigger job...

Last edited by CPC; 07-21-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:41 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
So basically you can still get a "Full Tune-up " for $238 plus S&H (I realize it would be worded differently). Still a heck of a deal IMO. And if you already have a trigger that you like your saving $. I know the website hasn't been updated yet, but is the abbreviated tune-up still $149 plus S&H?
Old 07-22-2021, 11:27 PM
n2omike

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
So basically you can still get a "Full Tune-up " for $238 plus S&H (I realize it would be worded differently). Still a heck of a deal IMO. And if you already have a trigger that you like your saving $. I know the website hasn't been updated yet, but is the abbreviated tune-up still $149 plus S&H?
According to the new price sheet, $159 and call for return postage... which has been very reasonable.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:46 AM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Yes, it might benefit CPC to say it that way. The head fake with the abbreviated tuneup could throw people off.

That the Full Tuneup is still available would relieve some anxiety with those who might think that the good old days were gone.

It might also help if CPC gave some direction on time needed. Like bolt work under one month and the Full Tuneup at two - three months. People can understand that one takes longer than the other.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:24 PM
n2omike

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Yes, it might benefit CPC to say it that way. The head fake with the abbreviated tuneup could throw people off.

That the Full Tuneup is still available would relieve some anxiety with those who might think that the good old days were gone.

It might also help if CPC gave some direction on time needed. Like bolt work under one month and the Full Tuneup at two - three months. People can understand that one takes longer than the other.
I think he's tired of doing triggers. No parts available for aluminum trigger groups anymore, and it seems the plastic ones aren't the greatest starting points... and are pretty much a 'box of chocolates' when you open them up... as you don't know how much work it's going to take to make it 'right' and how right it's going to end up being.

Of course, this is just speculation. lol Good Luck!
Old 07-23-2021, 02:31 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
He explained the changes quite clearly in this thread over a month ago.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:31 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2omike View Post
I think he's tired of doing triggers. No parts available for aluminum trigger groups anymore, and it seems the plastic ones aren't the greatest starting points... and are pretty much a 'box of chocolates' when you open them up... as you don't know how much work it's going to take to make it 'right' and how right it's going to end up being.

Of course, this is just speculation. lol Good Luck!
More speculation here too. On triggers, he still prices them so he must want them. Randy also wrote somewhere that he kind of likes the newer OEM 10/22 poly triggers. You're right about aluminum triggers falling out of favor with him.

CPC's strength and corner on the market sounds like bolt and barrel work (especially the combination together?). I haven't seen anyone else advertising that work.

There are many sources of trigger work and some retail options. He might compete with those but he's not going with his strength and diluting his time if he's doing many triggers. Triggers are also measurable and subjective. Triggers get way more scrutiny than bolts and barrels where he has an outstanding reputation and owns the market in this space.

Gosh, now there's speculation about CPC like Remington, Ruger, CCI, Aguila, retailers, etc.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:33 PM
Racer X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
Brimstone Tier 2 or 1 are still viable options for the aluminum trigger assemblies.

Why don't we let Randy focus on what he does best, and essentially nobody else does as well, and especially at those prices?

Going to a top neurosurgeon to fix an ingrown nail is a huge waste of their time, but they can do it.