Sear set screw size? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Mizzou4

Join Date: 
Jul 2021
Posts: 
8
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Thanks chaser that was exactly what I was looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:24 AM
zingbee is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2011
Location: 
The Golden Triangle, Florida
Posts: 
415
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Nope.. the adjustment screw on the leg of the KIDD Kit Sear is for safety adjustment... nothing to do with pre-travel.

Vid: https://youtu.be/FcbdIi93zZE
Nope. Sorry YOU'RE wrong. Here's a pic of my KIDD sear. One to adjust the safety and one for pre-travel.

IMG_3633.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-22-2021, 09:12 AM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

Join Date: 
Aug 2005
Location: 
S.E. Idaho
Posts: 
21,776
TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingbee View Post
Nope. Sorry YOU'RE wrong. Here's a pic of my KIDD sear. One to adjust the safety and one for pre-travel.

Attachment 264127
Hmmm... after further review you are correct... had to go back and look at mine ... sorry for my Blunder.. I will say I forgot about it because I have never adjusted any/none/nada of the dozens I have installed..perfect from the git-go.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of
it." --Clint Eastwood

Last edited by Chaser; 07-22-2021 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-22-2021, 11:37 AM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
5,798
TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I thought the Kidd sear just had the adjustment for the safety also. All the one's I've done and I never even noticed the other adjustment screw. Is that sear from a Kidd Kit or is it out of their single stage trigger group?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-22-2021, 11:55 AM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

Join Date: 
Aug 2005
Location: 
S.E. Idaho
Posts: 
21,776
TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I thought the Kidd sear just had the adjustment for the safety also. All the one's I've done and I never even noticed the other adjustment screw. Is that sear from a Kidd Kit or is it out of their single stage trigger group?
KIT.. but I'm sure it's the same Sear that he uses in the Single Stage (not had any of mine apart) ...just looked at mine (kits) .. all of em... Talked with Shalee at KIDD and they are pre-set to optimum. Makes sense because I never have touched/adjusted the setting.. and forgot it was even there.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of
it." --Clint Eastwood

Last edited by Chaser; 07-22-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
5,798
TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I've never had a reason to remove mine either. Hence the reason I also didn't know.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-22-2021, 04:15 PM
ss monte's Avatar
ss monte

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
east tn
Posts: 
703
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I didn't think the kidd kit had an adjustable sear. That was the one thing keeping me from buying it. That just solved that problem. Kidd kit it is. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

Join Date: 
Aug 2005
Location: 
S.E. Idaho
Posts: 
21,776
TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss monte View Post
I didn't think the kidd kit had an adjustable sear. That was the one thing keeping me from buying it. That just solved that problem. Kidd kit it is. Thanks for the info.
Just know: From KIDD "People like to tinker. Tell them no. Should be set at the min. when it is purchased."
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of
it." --Clint Eastwood
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-23-2021, 12:13 PM
zingbee is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2011
Location: 
The Golden Triangle, Florida
Posts: 
415
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I've never had a reason to remove mine either. Hence the reason I also didn't know.
As a side note; I left the factory setting as is. I just like to take things apart to understand them better. I don't shoot new guns until I've disassembled and cleaned them. Helps to know how they operate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x