Fun Shooting This Month's Steel Challenge - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:54 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fun Shooting This Month's Steel Challenge

I shot our monthly Steel Challenge match today and did pretty well. I just started shooting my Black Mamba with iron sights again for fun and it ran 100 % using CCI - SV ammo. I now have just over 1000 rounds out of my new top end and I like it.

Shot my best times on Smoke & Hope, Outer Limits and 5 to Go. Got carried away on a few stages and I need to readjust my sights. I was shooting high. Once I figured that out and started using a 6 o'clock hold I didn't miss.

I normally shoot with the same squad. Very friendly and everyone teases everyone. Today we had a new shooter with us. A young lady that got all the attention she wanted and got to shoot everyone's guns. She showed up with a modified Glock and did pretty well but was concerned about the price of ammo for future matches. She tried a few of our .22s and now wants one since it will be so much cheaper to find ammo for. View attachment 1012495 I was shooting with a C-More or Vortex Venom but ordered iron sights with a fiber optic front sight from Volquartsen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6268.jpg (203.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-19-2021, 08:55 AM
lasnyder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AzShooter... have your tried a rimfire pistol with a large window Holosun 510c on it?.... they are becoming pretty popular down here in Florida as the solar panel automatically brightens the dot with increased ambient light ... regards

I'm new to this sport, but really impressed over my Venoms I started with
Old 07-19-2021, 11:10 AM
AzShooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I may give the Holosun a try. One of the shooters had one this weekend and it had the dot and circle. Looked good. I also like the idea of the sun giving it power.

I'll probably just put my C-More back on with the 12 MOA dot.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2021, 07:40 AM
lasnyder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 510c on both my MKIV and CMMG'd SBR ... the circle+dot is a little busy for me, so I just use the dot...