Improved ignition=Better Groups! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM
WorldWarZ
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

OK J&P spring has been ordered! Looking foward to receiving it and trying it out!!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 PM
skeeweebird
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Gerald and Craig,thanks for your prompt replys.

Guess I will install them in the AM.

Best,
Don
Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Dasfriek

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great, Another $15 i just spent i shouldnt have. But you only live once i suppose.
BRB im inventing a bolt with 4 firing pins....

Honestly if anything can make my CZ UL any more accurate and consistent for $15 its a steal as my gun is unbelievable.
My buddy and his $750 Annie he bought used is still in amazement at what my UL does.

Last edited by Dasfriek; 05-06-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 AM
oo_Blade_oo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Darn,
just when Greece is sinking down Euro value, i'd like to make another international shipping

Put that on my "to buy when times are better" list
Old 05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
sakopete
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A new striker spring may or may not change the trigger pull weight. It depends on the mechanics of the trigger. Our spring does not seem to have a an impact on the CZ trigger. It has a small impact on the Sako trigger which is a whole different animal than the CZ trigger. It has no effect on a Jewel. Its third lever isolates the striker spring pressure on the sear engagement. As Gerald pointed out, the Sako trigger can be lightened with a lighter trigger spring. We have made them and even though they allowed the trigger to be set to about 14oz safely, there was no bottom end and they allowed the trigger to be reduced to an unsafe level. We were not willing to assume the liability both financially and morally so we did not market them. There are threads on the Sako forum which lead to an aftermarket spring that is readily available.
Over all the benefits of a good striker that is going to give consistent cycles over an extended period of time far outweigh a slight increase in trigger pull. A couple issues not mentioned in the above posts are harmonics and lock time. A worn spring that does not cycle the same every time cannot produce consistent harmonics and we all know how important that is to rimfire accuracy. A bad striker spring simply destroys lock time which is really important for all shooting but especially offhand shots in the field and at the silhouette range.
All in all the quality of the striker spring is a core element in any firearm.
Pete
P.S. Thanks to Gerald and Craig for all the good info in this thread.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Dasfriek

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakopete View Post
A new striker spring may or may not change the trigger pull weight. It depends on the mechanics of the trigger. Our spring does not seem to have a an impact on the CZ trigger. It has a small impact on the Sako trigger which is a whole different animal than the CZ trigger. It has no effect on a Jewel. Its third lever isolates the striker spring pressure on the sear engagement. As Gerald pointed out, the Sako trigger can be lightened with a lighter trigger spring. We have made them and even though they allowed the trigger to be set to about 14oz safely, there was no bottom end and they allowed the trigger to be reduced to an unsafe level. We were not willing to assume the liability both financially and morally so we did not market them. There are threads on the Sako forum which lead to an aftermarket spring that is readily available.
Over all the benefits of a good striker that is going to give consistent cycles over an extended period of time far outweigh a slight increase in trigger pull. A couple issues not mentioned in the above posts are harmonics and lock time. A worn spring that does not cycle the same every time cannot produce consistent harmonics and we all know how important that is to rimfire accuracy. A bad striker spring simply destroys lock time which is really important for all shooting but especially offhand shots in the field and at the silhouette range.
All in all the quality of the striker spring is a core element in any firearm.
Pete
P.S. Thanks to Gerald and Craig for all the good info in this thread.
I went and ordered mine last night before your post just from the comments of other members, But had i read your post i would have been even more sold on the spring.
In reality the spring has alot to prove to make me say it improved anything, reason is my Ultra Lux is so accurate now it will be hard to see improvements.
But the concept is sound so its more than worth adding it.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
oscar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
The spring is a great mod! simple install too
Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM
jbird714
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The J&P spring in my Trainer makes a big difference, IMO. Ordering springs for two more rifles this weekend.

Jay
Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM
pawn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
I have to agree, any addition to my CZ/BRNO family automatically gets a striker sping and hex head action screws. The wood screws further enhance CZ rifles. Jim and Pete offer excellent products at fair prices and for this I am grateful. Order acknowledgement and ship times are outstanding

Thanks guys.

Mark
Old 05-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Escbowhunt

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasfriek View Post
I went and ordered mine last night before your post just from the comments of other members, But had i read your post i would have been even more sold on the spring.
In reality the spring has alot to prove to make me say it improved anything, reason is my Ultra Lux is so accurate now it will be hard to see improvements.
But the concept is sound so its more than worth adding it.
Let them explain the quality of these springs and you will be even more sold! These spings are made from the same material the Nascar valve springs are made of!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:13 PM
sakopete
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
O.K., here goes. All our springs are made of chrome silicone steel wire. It is an alloy with chromium and silicon added. It makes the springs very resistant to taking a set, they cycle with less vibration, and are very repeatable over a long period of time. Regular springs made of cheaper music wire are very prone to set, vibrate more and simply degrade at a very fast rate. Under any tension at all, music wire is continually loosing strength. Escbowhunt is spot on about the Nascar application. In addition to the above mentioned attributes of chrome silicone steel, it is also very heat resistant which is not a factor to our application but is obvious for racing.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 PM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am a "believer".
I have allot of Russian ammo & my Russian rifles shoot's the ammo....no problem.
My CZ's would struggle shooting the Russian ammo lots of FTF.
I installed the stronger Jp springs problem solved....

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 05-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM
kim84sil22

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Smile J&P spring accuracy improvment

I have a couple of questions, Iam hoping someone.... J&P? has done some testing and can answer.

1. does replacing the spring only help older rifles or does it help improve accuracy on new rifles as well.

2. Does replacing the spring seem to help make all ammunition shot better groups. this might seem like a dump question but i thought i would ask as i thought i read that improved ignition = better accuracy.

I have a friend that is interested and i may be needing to replace a spring in my new cz 452 varmint after i have completed testing with various ammo

thanks for any informed testing info you can privide.
Steve
Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
kitash

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
OMGI never should have read this discussion.

I thought free-floating my barrels, adding trigger kits, adding high end optics and peep sights, replacing my actions screws, purchasing an up-scale adjustable front rest and a Protektor rear rest was going to put me and my CZs where we needed to be. Now I read I need to replace my striker springs too?

Oh boyHere I go again!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
yeah

I drank the Koolaid and ordered three cz springs and 1 for the quad. I'm gonna start sending gerald the bill for his bright ideas. my mach 2 american shoots too good to fool with but the other three will get replaced.