Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Pietta 1873 Single Action Revolver

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Twiggy 
#1 ·
I was wanting a single action revolver but also a handgun which can shoot .22 rimfire.

I found an affordable offering from Pietta.

I have it now.

As per my understanding, you should be able to spin the cylinder and eject rounds or empty shells with the ejector rod when the hammer is on half-cock.

That's not how it works for me though, I can spin the cylinder on half-cock, but the ejector rod will not budge. I can eject rounds on full-cock, but not spin the cylinder.

I'm a little confused here, what could be the problem?

#2 ·
Whatever position to actuate the ejector rod is the proper position. I'm not familiar with the Italian replicas but all other single action revolvers I've owned/handled (from a variety of manufacturers) have nothing obstructing ejector rod travel other than the front face of the cylinder when not aligned with a chamber.

#3 · (Edited)
I believe your revolver is a 10-shot. Is that correct?

I'm not sure about the original Colt 1873 SAA, but I do know that with a 10-shot single action..... at half cock, a cylinder chamber would not be "lined up" with the bore, and so neither would the ejector rod be lined up either. Not at half cock position. Still, congrats on acquiring the Pietta 1873. I understand they are very well made revolvers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.