New Charger stock - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:31 PM
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalcolm View Post
The PMACA chassis looks good, but looks like it's intended for the 10-22 rifle, or charger with a shoulder brace. That's not what I'm looking for. I was to keep the Charger as a Charger pistol but with a better stock. Preferably wood, but that not a hard requirement.
Hi dmalcom, I also wanted to leave mine as a pistol. The PMACA chassis works great for the charger as a pistol. That is how I have mine set up, you can buy a plug for the back that fills up the open space. See picture. But, understand if you want to stay with wood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (439.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thanks Rick. I'll take a look.

RFC for 5% discount.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:00 PM
dmalcolm
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 View Post
Hi dmalcom, I also wanted to leave mine as a pistol. The PMACA chassis works great for the charger as a pistol. That is how I have mine set up, you can buy a plug for the back that fills up the open space. See picture. But, understand if you want to stay with wood.
I learn more and more. For one; the more I shoot Ruger the better I like them. One of my faves is the RPR in 6.5 CM. I have a Kidd converted 10-22 that shoots just a little better than my best CZ. I have a MK-II & III that shoot really well. With the Charger I want to see what the potential is before spending a lot on it. The PMACA chassis is back in consideration. Yours looks great. Is it sporting a pistol scope? I have rifle scopes for both of my MK's because a lot of shooting with them is from a bench, and they are just 22 cal.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
I learn more and more. For one; the more I shoot Ruger the better I like them. One of my faves is the RPR in 6.5 CM. I have a Kidd converted 10-22 that shoots just a little better than my best CZ. I have a MK-II & III that shoot really well. With the Charger I want to see what the potential is before spending a lot on it. The PMACA chassis is back in consideration. Yours looks great. Is it sporting a pistol scope? I have rifle scopes for both of my MK's because a lot of shooting with them is from a bench, and they are just 22 cal.
Yes, that is a pistol scope: Burris Handgun 3-12x32mm. I also have a Burris FFIII red dot zeroed for it as well. Kidd internals, Kidd barrel, and a Bravo Company Gunfighter Grip.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:40 AM
dmalcolm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yes, that is a pistol scope: Burris Handgun 3-12x32mm. I also have a Burris FFIII red dot zeroed for it as well. Kidd internals, Kidd barrel, and a Bravo Company Gunfighter Grip.
My 10-22 has all Kidd parts. The only thing original is the receiver. I can shoot quarter inch groups at 50 yards using Lapua Center-X. At least in the case of the 10-22 I'm sold on Kidd parts.

How are they working in your Charger?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:29 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
My 10-22 has all Kidd parts. The only thing original is the receiver. I can shoot quarter inch groups at 50 yards using Lapua Center-X. At least in the case of the 10-22 I'm sold on Kidd parts.

How are they working in your Charger?
It is a very fun gun to shoot, all parts work like they were meant to be together. Highly recommend the KIDD barrel, expensive, but very accurate. So far all I have put through it is CCI SV, but have have several other types of higher end ammo I need to do some testing with.

I will be honest though, I do not love the pistol scope. But, I like it better than other rifle scopes I tried. Rifle scopes just put me to close to the pistol to be comfortable. My favorite configuration is the red dot, great for fast plinking, but not great for more accurate shooting. That is why keep both sighted in and in the case ready to go.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 AM
dmalcolm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It is a very fun gun to shoot, all parts work like they were meant to be together. Highly recommend the KIDD barrel, expensive, but very accurate. So far all I have put through it is CCI SV, but have have several other types of higher end ammo I need to do some testing with.

I will be honest though, I do not love the pistol scope. But, I like it better than other rifle scopes I tried. Rifle scopes just put me to close to the pistol to be comfortable. My favorite configuration is the red dot, great for fast plinking, but not great for more accurate shooting. That is why keep both sighted in and in the case ready to go.
So far with the Kidd 10-22 barrel barely broken in, Lapua Center-X shoots the best but CCI-SV isn't bad either.

I am a member of a group of very experienced shooters (read that as very old shooters). With eyes no longer the best, I need all the help I can get. The best pistol scope I could find without breaking the bank was poor at best. Could not shoot with it. Eye relief was longer that my arms. A Nikon 2-7x32 scope that was on sale at Cabela's did the trick. It is different shooting a pistol that ways but is has worked well for me.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:49 PM
thudd3r
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
You can email PMACA if you want it expedited.

My std PMACA chassis in Tungsten Grey was not in stock, too, but I asked them, and mine was ready (Mr. Dwayne, probably the owner, assisted me) in 2 days.

They are willing to Cerakote an existing anodized one if you ask nicely ..
thanks Rick...i checked and hey actually had the lightweight td in stock in a couple colors now...so i went with my second choice (gray) since the fde wasnt in stock

matches my parts better anyways