The best to you Gizzy.

Thanks to all that contributed to this.

Thank you Challenger.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gizzy, I expect when you get that first eye fixed and can see again your sprit will be lifted, a load taken off your shoulders and you will feel better and be much encouraged with your life. Yeah, life goes on and....dang bills come with it. Not to worry, you will soon be old and enjoying SS and Medicare. Eyes fixed and back to work earning money. Take care of those eyes and best of luck to you. 1917
Old 10-08-2019, 08:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Glad you can move forward, Gizzy. Now go get 'em, boy! Looking forward to many more years of your helpful contributions here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2019, 10:07 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think GFM has a 2.9% fee plus $0.30 per donor ( about $ 192.00). I kicked in another bit so you will hit the mark after fees are paid. Hope they turn loose of your money quickly. 1917
Old 10-12-2019, 05:01 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gizzy, do you have a date for your first eye?

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:57 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (148)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Gizzy, do you have a date for your first eye?

Not yet. I go in either this Tuesday or next Tuesday for the pre surgery exam. That is an extra $300 that I did not know about. The exams they only do on Tue. and Wed. and my uncle can only go on Tuesdays. So I have to call them Monday and see which is the soonest I can get in, then, they will set up the surgery, which they only do on Thursdays. Its taking a little time due to me having to find out when my Uncle can take me, or it would have been done already. Then I also found out Thursday that they offer 2 different lenses. One is $1000 more than the other. I will have to wait until my exam to see what they say about the differences between the lenses. If I decide to go with the better lens, my second eye may not get done until next summer.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We've had some interesting back and forth posts over the years, all in fun....sorta.
However medical needs are no joke.
Sent you a C-note.
Hope your procedures get you back to normal, or better soon.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 10-13-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Hey, Gizzy, this thing with you being dependant on your uncle for a ride has me puzzled, isn't there a Senior Citizen center there with a ride service, or some other organization that can help you. Have you questioned the eye doctor about this, perhaps they have their own service or know a trick .
Old 10-14-2019, 02:59 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.programsforelderly.com/safety-independent-transportation-network.php

Gizzy I know it is a pain in the you know where.....but you need to reach out and ask for help. Call organizations and tell them what you need help with, call a local church, if they don't have drivers they might have ideas. If you can't see, you are disabled. Where do you live and where is the town of the surgery if you don't mind. Someone here might be able to get you going. I know you are up against a lot. Keep after it....you'll make it. 1917
Old 10-15-2019, 12:35 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (148)
I called the Dr. and the soonest I can get in for the pre surgery exam, is Oct. 30th, and my uncle is available that day. I thought it would be next Tuesday, but the last person i talked to at the surgeons office gave me bad info on the days of the exams. Seem s that every time I call, someone tells me he does this on that day, and thise days never come out the same from any 2 people I talk to. I was first told the exams could be on tue. or weds., but when I called back to make the appointment, it was wed only, and next wed was the soonest but my uncle had an appointment at the VA for his hearing aid repair at the same time of the only appointment they had, but he is totally free the next wed, which will be the 30th. Oh, I was also told that surgery day was Thursday, but no. The Dr see's regular patients on Thursdays, 2hixch I just found that out today, so nobody seems to know anything there.

Since I am home every day all day, I tried to get my uncle to call and make the appointment when he could check his schedule, but he wanted me to, so its been phone tag with the DR and my uncle. WE will get the one eye done as soon as we can, but the other eye depends on if I should get the better lens or the free one. If there is not much of a difference, I will opt for the free one. Then I can get the second eye done sooner.

All of this is new to me as I have never had to have any surgery before, nor have I ever broken a bone, or ever needed to go to the hospital. I have been really lucky to go all these years and not need to see anyone but the family Dr. I should go to the dentist more just for a cleaning, but there too, I have never had a cavity. I tell everyone i have my grandpa's teeth, as when he passed away, he had all of his, no cavities and still had all of his wisdom teeth.

Last edited by Gizzy; 10-15-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:50 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate going to the dentist more than anything. Dad never understood it. I asked him one day when he was about 55, "how many cavities have you had filled Dad?" "Well, I've never had any cavities." he replied. No wonder. I go three times a year and the next trip in early November sounds like a problem.....crown removed, root canal. Man, I'm not looking forward to that one bit.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
I hate going to the dentist more than anything. Dad never understood it. I asked him one day when he was about 55, "how many cavities have you had filled Dad?" "Well, I've never had any cavities." he replied. No wonder. I go three times a year and the next trip in early November sounds like a problem.....crown removed, root canal. Man, I'm not looking forward to that one bit.
Crown came off last week, root canal tomorrow...the charmed life continues...