Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Don 3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Remington bullet knives

does anyone collect the Remington bullet knives that started in 1982? I have several and was thinking of selling/trading them and wanted to know if there was a market.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2019, 12:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
I don't collect them, but based on the price my LGS is asking for several examples, I'd say there definitely was a market. My advice would be to go to ebay and search for "Remington Bullet Knife" in the completed auctions and see what that can tell you. Alternatively, you can head on over to the RFC for pocket knives:

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com

There are good folks over there who will be happy to educate/assist you.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:59 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
I second the AAPK site, a lot of good advice and price reference for your Remington knives. I've seen them sell at gun shows too, being a Remington firearm product.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 3 View Post
I have several and was thinking of selling/trading them and wanted to know if there was a market.

Thanks
Several nice ones have sold recently on eBay. They seem to bring between $40 and $70.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:59 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
The early ones like the 82 you mention bring some serious money. Later not as much. Early ones were made by Camillus. Later by Bear I think?
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 AM
John T Wylie Jr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a few of the baby bullets , and I have custom maker John Lloyd make me a single blade version of the Baby Bullet.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:33 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
85% (9)

I bought a then-new R1253 Guide knife in the early 1980's. (yes, I still have the original box, etc)

I bought it to use while deer hunting - which I still do.

You can get an idea of this jackknife's size, seen here with my .22Mag-only 3" Charter Pathfinder.

While not a Bullet Knife, I also bought a Remington UMC R-1 Upland Game knife - which I also use when hunting.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
bullet knives

You answered your own question. "Was" a market, not is there a market. Bottom fell out of them about 10 years ago.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:22 PM
slamfire1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a number of the bullet knives when they were first issued. I did not get the first reissue. None of my bullet knives are worth more than what I paid for them, and I have not factored inflation into the loss. When you consider that they are going today for the same sales price, or less, than they were issued thirty years ago, they have lost 2/3rds of their initial value.

The bullet knives were just an outsourced production knife with the Remington name. They were not particularly better than the competition in terms of steels or fit and finish. Most of the patterns are obsolete.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:52 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
I purchased a number of the bullet knives when they were first issued. I did not get the first reissue. None of my bullet knives are worth more than what I paid for them, and I have not factored inflation into the loss. When you consider that they are going today for the same sales price, or less, than they were issued thirty years ago, they have lost 2/3rds of their initial value.

The bullet knives were just an outsourced production knife with the Remington name. They were not particularly better than the competition in terms of steels or fit and finish. Most of the patterns are obsolete.
Many of the 90's issued were manufactured by Camillus if my recollections are correct. I think later, they were made by Bear and Son, but I may be wrong about that. Current production I believe it is Chinese. The originals were manufactured by Remington, but that was long long ago and became PAL back in WWII era. Those have some value to them.

Though not fancy high tech materials, Camillus made pretty good knives. Durability with standard materials. Camillus manufactured many contract knives for other companies, including other knife manufactured re-labeled products.