Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

my wish

6K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  gmd1950 
#1 ·
I wish Eley would get back into the .17 rf ammo production beginning with the 17WSM. Geezers, err, seasoned shooters, remember the accuracy of the Eley 17HM2 ammo not so far back back in the day and know it has be done. Maybe if they just threatened to get back into the game Winchester would add a QC dept to their 17WSM line? heavy sigh!

#2 ·
Al that would sure be nice...

My friend Dan and I used to shoot tons of pd's up in Wyoming with the Eley 17Mach2,what a great little round.My Sako Quad loves 'em.Call my strange but I remember that the scent of a fired round had a burned crazy glue smell to it.Perhaps they added a tiny pinch of meth to it so we would keep buying it:D
Matt

#10 ·
Winchester response to question: Would other manufacturers have access to technology and necessary equipment to produce the 17Wsm case or not?

Yes, other manufacturers are able to manufacturer 17 WSM if they choose. Federal and Hornady also offer 17 WSM ammunition: Lawyer speak??
The 17 WSM is no different than any other SAMMI recognized cartridge .

If an ammunition company wants to manufacture it they can willingly do so.

The equipment used to make 17 WSM is no different than the equipment used to make other rimfire ammunition: This is a pretty general statement for a giant step forward rimfire cartridge that required a new design rimfire action

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
This has somewhat been an interesting thread. Started by the proclaimed '17wsm' RFC fan club president. While his posts in threads started by others claims his accuracy with his rifle and ammo being good, while others feel it is deplorable, he asks in this thread about his desire for better ammo. Hum? Why is that AL?

You only feel the need for better ammo in this factory load when you are speaking for yourself and not making comments to other threads about how crappy it is from shooters who know more about accurate RF ammo than you do?

Al opens a thread here hoping for better ammo while posting on other people's threads about his performance with his rile/ammo in this cambering and being contradictory to others about the ammo's short comings in this cambering.

Which face am I commenting to Al? You seem to have several faces on this particular subject. For your information, and all the posts made on another sub-forum which I will not comment on save for here, I do not wish for 'match' quality ammo for this round. Only ammo that gives consistent results. You, B23, and Eric had it all wrong. Not looking for target ammo, not looking for 'match' ammo, only looking for consistent ammo.

All the posts you made on my threads and others claiming your satisfaction with the ammo and your rifle and now you start this thread.

Again I ask Al, which face of your's am I commenting to?
Seriously, just stop. You are being a complete jerk and attacking one of the most helpful members on RFC. :rolleyes:

#28 ·
Story I heard (R&P likely) was their initial run was something like 5,000,000 rounds and it took several years to sell out so they felt it wasn't worth the machine time to them to do another run. As said, no idea of the accuracy of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.