Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:04 PM
Kragman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Club "100"

Just curious - how many people here own 100 or more rimfires?
Old 05-12-2021, 07:27 PM
bugeye
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have several thousand.
Oh wait, did you mean cartridges or firearms??
Old 05-12-2021, 07:32 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Answer: 21

You're welcome.

Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 PM
Lerrab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Club 100". I have owned a hundred but never at one time! I realize I couldn't be allowed into the swimming area or the golf course but how about offering a secondary membership for those of us that have owned a hundred total or those who aspire to! Perhaps we could just be allowed into the bar area, I think this would be a good idea ! Thank you.

Last edited by Lerrab; 05-12-2021 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:48 PM
Smoothtrigger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question has been asked, and answered.

No reason to expand the topic.

Smooth
Old 05-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Lerrab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smooth, I don't understand your last post. Are you saying you have the final answer or that expanding any topic has to be reasonable to you? I don't think you were talking to me personally but didn't want to fall afoul of what you considered reasonable. Please explain as most topics on here are expanded greatly and it adds to the reading. I do understand that there is such a great volume of new stuff being written that it is hard to keep up !
Old 05-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Club 300? Com on, you guys need to pull them all out and count! The way you guys all know these models and brands you must have a few thousand.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:04 PM
Kragman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
In the interest of full disclosure, I do not make the club.
I do hope to get on the waiting list soon....
Old 05-13-2021, 09:22 AM
Smoothtrigger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Both my posts were just having fun.

I have no idea how many RFC members have 100 or more rimfire firearms, so I jsut made up 21.
When posting you can't see the twinkle in my eye, or my silly smile and rolled eyes.

My poke at you was just because I wanted to seem incredulous that you didn't accept my (totally made up number), and therefore wanted to expand the topic.
Of course you can ask to expand the question.

Everyone should just carry on, and ignore me.
I'll probably just delete my 2 goofy posts.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 05-13-2021 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:56 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (62)
Another club that won't let me in!!! I am used to that treatment.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I might of come close to making the club, but that darn boating accident really set me back!
Old 05-13-2021, 01:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
The way the world is going now, I don't want the LIBS to know how many I own!!! I try to keep under the radar.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:44 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I almost made it but then between the daughter, her husband, the nieces and nephews, and now the grandkids have come of age and the flock has somewhat dispersed.

Passing them out has been a lot of fun and they'll have something to remember me by when I wave a fond farewell and depart this mortal coil

Frank the Somewhat Decrepit
Old 05-13-2021, 05:35 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
its gun envy.

no matter who you are, you will always be you.

also, the way i see things, there will always be someone with more and less money and things than you or me. I try to be in the middle and happy.

same with anything else.

If you want to play that game, why 100? why not 127? I just started to collect and ended up with more than i ever thought i would have. I had more fun collecting and researching..

im downsizing my collection now and so its changing on a weekly basis and the trend is going down, not up.

If you are lucky and can afford to buy (more) than you may end up with more than you plan or want.

good luck
Old 05-13-2021, 05:39 PM
Lerrab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Frank, I probably don't have to tell you how lucky you are to have multiple family members to pass them on to that will appreciate them and take care of them. I have multiple Nieces and Nephews plus Grandchildren. Some aren't interested and the others will treat them like crowbars. Most would sell them quickly. I don't understand it as they were brought up shooting and hunting. I have already gave some away that were promptly sold for less than half what they were worth. I told my wife a couple of months ago that when I go, give the guns that I still have at the time to the two daughters and let them figure it out! I'm sure both daughters will keep some , but I am like you I wanted to be able to distribute them amongst family. I have taught a few kids to hunt and shoot over the years that are now between 40 and 9 years old. I am going to give them some and I am going to do it right away, Though not relatives they would take care of them.
A friend of mine who has no children but some nice guns ( several Coopers) has the same dilemma. He told me at camp last fall that he was going to leave me his 541S Remingtons when he died and if I wanted anything else I could have it. I told him I didn't want to offend him and if taking the guns is how I could avoid it then I would take them. I told him otherwise I am only two years younger than him and would not know what to do with them either.
I never really thought much about it until about two years ago but to have relatives to pass guns down to who would appreciate them and take care of them makes one very fortunate. I don't understand what went wrong in my family. They were all brought up hunting and shooting! I am not sure too many of them care to go outside anymore!