Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:17 PM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Magpul Hunter X-22?

I recently mounted a Magpul Hunter X-22 stock on my T/CR22. It doesn’t fit snug and tends to rock up and down some. How is the best way to keep this from happening, anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks
Wonderdog1
Old 05-01-2021, 12:20 AM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Try bedding with aluminum tape. The type you use for air duct sealing. You can buy at a local home store. Example home depot.

If it bothers you much permanently bed the action with an epoxy of sort.

Maybe a piece of rubber ive heard an old bike tire tube in the forend may help.

Goodluck

Last edited by dvang; 05-01-2021 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:32 AM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is my take on this stock. It is all about your accuracy expectations. IMHO the stock is not flexing, the action is loose fitting and giving it the see saw effect. Out of the box you can use the barrel tensioner and experiment with action screw/barrel tensioner torque/pressure. A little pressure or support with the barrel tensioner will make it rock solid as it was designed to do. If you are trying to achieve the out of the box accuracy of a stock rifle it can be done as the stock is designed to do out of the box. I think that this is the only claim that magpul makes. Now after saying all of this... I have had 3 of these stocks and I haven't got to where I want to be yet. BUT, I realize now that what I am wanting to do is not reasonable. I am wanting to drop a total KIDD in it and make it shoot as a KIDD should without having to totally bed the stock, ain't gonna happen. But I can get .75" groups at 50 yds. as it is with the barrel tensioner and that is more than acceptable for many applications. I am not bashing this stock, I actually like it but out of the box it will only do what it is intended to do and if you want to get those little bitty groups with a MODIFIED rifle and a floated barrel then you will have to do some serious bedding and therefore modifying this stock as KIDD did when they offered their rifle in these stocks. I know that this may come across as a rant and I apologize and all of this information is here to read from other people that are way more qualified than me.

Last edited by bucko; 05-02-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Tape Bedding

Try this. You can always change it if you are not happy

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=462480

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 05-04-2021, 01:49 PM
staff3704
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderdog1 View Post
I recently mounted a Magpul Hunter X-22 stock on my T/CR22. It doesn’t fit snug and tends to rock up and down some. How is the best way to keep this from happening, anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks
Wonderdog1

I put my TCR22 in an Archangel stock and it locked in with no movement of any kind. At first I thought it wasn't going to fit because the front did not seem to fit but when I pushed down on the front of the receiver the gun snapped into place. As I said before no movement of any kind. My TCR22 was from the Performance Center with the 20" heavy fluted barrel. I'm sure you will not want to change stocks now but maybe this will help someone else. Also the barrel free floats with this set up. Then I screwed the stock screw in - no problem. I have not shot it yet so I can't say anything about the accuracy yet. The original stock (laminated) did not free float the barrel.

Last edited by staff3704; 05-04-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:41 AM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread and given some opinions for solving my issue. I have been very busy lately and havenít had time to try any of the remedies out yet, but will in the near future.

Thanks again for your willingness to help!
Wonderdog1