Getting more accuracy out of my MKII-G ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
bigd9247

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting more accuracy out of my MKII-G ?

I am fairly happy with my 50yd groups considering the fact that I'm using Federal 745 (high velocity, 36gr hollow points) ammo and a Simmons 22 Mag scope.

But in the spirit of tinkering around and trying to squeeze a little more accuracy out of it, what should I consider checking/improving? I noticed that it is difficult for me to slide a piece of paper between the stock and barrel, so I'm thinking that I need to sand the barrel channel a little bit. Also, it looks like the gaps on either side of the barrel aren't the same size (the barrel is closer to one side), is that something I can fix? Finally, I've read that the action screws should be torqued to 15-inch pounds... is that correct?

Anything else I should check? Also, I have read about bedding the action but I'm not 100% sure that I am ready to go that far yet... I mostly just want to check everything else and make sure that it's all good. I use my rifle for hunting and plinking, so I am not worried about getting perfect sub-MOA groups... just got the bug to do some tinkering and improve my accuracy a little.

Thanks