Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:49 PM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Where in the world are you buying them??? We have NEVER had a bad rotisserie chicken. Always thoroughly cooked, juicy, and so tender that the meat falls off the bones. Only $5.00 per chicken and we always get at least two meals from one chicken (may be the last greatest food bargain in the country!). We typically eat the thighs and drumsticks first (these are pretty small chickens, so not much to the wings), with the breast meat used for any number of things for the second meal. I have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and numerous other U.S. cities, as well as Paris, Lyon, and Osaka, Japan. But I still don't look down my nose at a rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club.

Just sayin...

Doug
Great buy for $5.00. Flavorings are particularly tasty. Savory. I like them well done, too.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:09 AM
toivo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
When I was doing my bum-around-Europe-on-the-trains thing in 1985, I ate a lot of rotisserie chickens with my hands. Bread, cheese, and rotisserie chickens: that's pretty much what I lived on. (I was on a fixed budget. ) I have fond memories of a place called Pollos Go-Go in a beach town south of Barcelona ...
Old 05-24-2021, 06:05 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Local Lowe's Foods does a great Rotisserie Chicken, Wife slices off the breast for sandwiches or plate, then strips the chicken for Chicken Pies, great stuff.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:54 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (274)
I didn't mean that the meat literally falls off the bones, only that it is tender and moist. I've had chicken breasts that I swear came from chickens that worked out at the gym. Hey, if you don't like (or believe) a good $5.00 rotisserie chicken, so be it.

Doug
Old 05-24-2021, 11:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Funny, my wife just walked in and I asked her how much a rotiserie chicken cost. First thing she said was was ugh, gross, why do you want to know. She said Shop Rite was about $7 and Fairway which is a local family owned high end market was $11. She calls them slimy. I guess we are just not fans and we eat lots of chicken. Usually Bell and Evans or Goffle Farm which is a local chicken/turkey farm. She stays away from Purdue. She is the food shopper, not me.
......Tom Petty
Old 05-24-2021, 11:24 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Local Lowe's Foods does a great Rotisserie Chicken, Wife slices off the breast for sandwiches or plate, then strips the chicken for Chicken Pies, great stuff.
Home made chicken pot pies. Now your talking. Hmmmmm.
......Tom Petty
Old 05-24-2021, 01:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
I didn't mean that the meat literally falls off the bones, only that it is tender and moist. I've had chicken breasts that I swear came from chickens that worked out at the gym.

Doug
That's one of the things I like about them; the breast meat is always tender and moist. They must inject them with some kind of acid that breaks down muscle tissue.

I never buy fresh chicken breasts, tenders, etc. Only legs & thighs. Easy to cook and even if a little overdone, they're still great.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think they are injected with butter. Thatís what Boston market does.
......Tom Petty
Old 05-24-2021, 04:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know the perdue ones we use to get when I ran a deli would come in a seasoning brine.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2021, 09:48 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Usually get a fresh baked bread with one. Makes some great sandwiches. Rest of it makes a great chicken soup. Now that its warmer chicken salad instead of soup.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:08 AM
robs9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just remembered a lunch we used to get at work. Rotisserie chicken, a roll of french bread, and a jar of Marie's branch dressing. Just tore that chicken apart dipped it in the dressing and ate some bread.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk