Remington (?) Bolts & Parts Identification? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2021, 02:37 PM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Remington (?) Bolts & Parts Identification?

I bought a lot of gunsmith parts and these bolts were among others in the lot. I bought it for some bolts and parts I needed but have no idea of what rifles these fit and have no use for them.
Can anyone tell me which rifles they are for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unk Bolts 1.jpg (62.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Unk Bolts 2.jpg (61.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Unk Bolts 3.jpg (78.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 05-20-2021, 08:47 AM
jpickar

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
The only thing that looks like Remington to me is the lone bolt shroud. The rest is maybe Mossberg.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:48 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also think one bolt shroud is Remington 5 series. Other parts below the Rem shrowd may be a Harrington Richardson. Interesting parts for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2021, 04:48 PM
2152hq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Of the the two bolts, the lower one looks like a Mossberg Mod 140/146(?) bolt action 22 bolt.
The bolt handle is a separate sleeve w/handle that slips over the smaller dia section. Then a rear shroud screws onto the back end.
They used that style of bolt on several of their rifles. Some are threaded shroud, some are pinned in place, Different style extractors, ect.

The upper one looks alot like one from one of Mossbergs semiauto .22 rifle designs with the large charger handle hole thru it.
But I don't recognize the rebated sides and extended one piece back end to it.
Mossberg made so many different rifles over the years it's hard to keep track.
Maybe not a Mossberg at all. But that's what stands out about it to me.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The top bolt looks like it's for a later Savage 6 series rifle or a clone, there were several companies that copied the design after the original patents expired. The later guns had lightened bolts so they would cycle with long & shorts as well as Long rifle. It's an earlier version of the bolt shown here, it has the earlier extractors that are the same as the earlier guns with out the lighter bolt.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/972270

Savage also had a lightened bolt for the early guns in 22 Short so it might also be for one of them, I have one somewhere to compare it to if I can find it.

The narrow groove that get deep then shallow & deep again is to operate the lifter which is how you can tell it's for a tube fed version.