Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:16 PM
hueorgib

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Diana model 27 trigger adjustment

I need some help with the adjustment on a vintage Diana model 27 trigger.I understand that the front screw is the lock screw and the back screw is the adjustment screw.What I can't seem to find out is the position of the front screw in the lock position.Is it locked by screwing the screw all the way in clockwise or is it locked all the way out counterclockwise? The one I purchased seems to be locked all the way out counterclockwise there are certainly more treads exposed than the adjustment screw and it seems to be stuck.Thanks in advance for any help.Hugh Gibson
Old 05-19-2021, 04:02 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yep, old thread, too bad it didnt get answered.....
Fwiw, I have never seen a 'lock-down' screw that did so by having it unscrewed to the max. The end threads on that screw may be factory 'squished' to keep it from getting completely unscrewed and lost.
I recently saw online a review of the old Mdl 27 (Pyramid Air?) that explained how to adjust the trigger with mention of the 2 screws and which does what.
My guess is once you get the trigger tripping right you snug down the lock screw. Without it locking the adjustment it probably works out of adjustment.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Kestrel4k
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
I also missed this thread the first time through.

I don't have the time to go over this very lengthy collectors reference I have posted the link to here, but I recall there being some coverage of the various M27 triggers over time;

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....na-model-27-2/

I also am interested in any trigger info that comes to light in this thread.

Best regards,

Last edited by Kestrel4k; 05-19-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2021, 07:45 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
For some reason I dont seem to get stuff from the airgun sub-forums on my 'new posts' that I initially go to on login. I will scroll to them and see new threads that didnt pop up. Unhandy that.
Wonder what else Im missing?
Decided today to go through the past threads looking for something because Search doesnt work, went about 11 pages, somewhere in there I found this one.
Old 07-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Jasper7

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The front screw puts some extra stress on the metal by moving the parts apart from eachother.

turn front screw in (RH direction) and turn tight.

My experience: it makes no difference, the adjustment screw will keep place anyway
Old 07-22-2021, 07:09 AM
Chickenhater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Diana triggers use both screws to set first stage take up and when the sear is disengaged. They do work in tandem so when adjusting you may have to readjust the other screw during the process. The screw nearest the muzzle acts as a cam, taking the sear near release, the rear screw should complete the action. Hope this makes sense. So neither screw should be fully in or out...
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
mosquito
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
According to every bit of literature that I have, as well as experience( I have 4 pistols, and a Winchester 425) the front screw is the set screw, it locks the rear screw. Turn CCW to allow adjustment of rear screw. The rear screw has an outer screw and an inner screw. The outer screw adjusts two-stage function of trigger. Turn outer screw CW for longer first stage, CCW for shorter trigger travel in first stage. Turned far enough CCW eliminates first stage, making the trigger single stage. Turned too far CCW locks trigger. The inner screw is to adjust trigger pull weight, CW=greater trigger weight, CCW= less weight, all the way down to ounces(DANGEROUS!).I try for about 2lbs. When happy with adjustments, turn front screw CW to lock adjustments. Happy Shooting, Mike