Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:56 PM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMike View Post
In case you didn't know... BB magazine can easily be made from Marlin magazines

I did not know this. I have been researching these 7-2 for a few days now and think I came across someone wrapping a Savage or Marlin mag in a water bottle and trying to thermomold a sleeve for it.

Looks like yours you just needed to bond a small pad to make it a bit wider? Is it then just a friction fit in the mag channel or did you slot the front to engage the mag release?
Old 05-03-2021, 12:56 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
I know this thread it OLD but i sent you a Private Message regarding if you have anymore of these.

Or since I'm bumping a 2+ year old thread, if anyone has a Basic 7-2 factory stock and wants to sell it, I'm interested. Also on the lookout for any 5 round mags and a 7-4 bolt handle with the longer thumb pad.
Welcome to Rimfire Central J!

A private message is definitely the way to go on a "wanted to buy" request. Or, once you have a little time and a few messages under your belt you'll be able to post a wanted to buy ad in our Trading Post.

Posting offers to buy or sell inside our forums is verboten and might get your post deleted. Just a heads up friend

Frank
Old 05-03-2021, 01:00 PM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Welcome to Rimfire Central J!

A private message is definitely the way to go on a "wanted to buy" request. Or, once you have a little time and a few messages under your belt you'll be able to post a wanted to buy ad in our Trading Post.

Posting offers to buy or sell inside our forums is verboten and might get your post deleted. Just a heads up friend

Frank
Completely understand, thank you for the welcome and the heads up for dealing outside the classifieds section. I will edit that to make it more clear.

I have always used this forum for research on various guns, but always "lurked" and never made an account. I have a LOT of buy/sell feedback on other forums. I plan to be more active in here so I can properly access the classifieds and create my own buy / sell ads.

I scored a heck of a deal on a 7-2 basic on Friday and have been doing a ton of research on these little rifles. This sub forum has been a gold mine of information all the way back to 2005. I have been reading as much as I can to get familiar with what I just picked up.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:20 PM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I did not know this. I have been researching these 7-2 for a few days now and think I came across someone wrapping a Savage or Marlin mag in a water bottle and trying to thermomold a sleeve for it.

Looks like yours you just needed to bond a small pad to make it a bit wider? Is it then just a friction fit in the mag channel or did you slot the front to engage the mag release?
Yes, got the idea from USGuy (on this forum) in 2019 (I really like his carbon wrapping)... For a reason or another, the water bottle thickness is my neck of the wood isn't the same as his.
- Ended up using some plastic from yogourt containers.

Rough up the finish on the magazine and plastic with a sanding disk, some adhesive (I like PC-7 2-Part epoxy) and wait for it to cure (I put them in a small vise)
- File the notch at the front.

Mine has been 100% reliable
I wanted some 10rds magazines to use the BB in a Appleseed match... The Covid got in the way...
Old 05-03-2021, 01:43 PM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent information. That's the thread I came across but don't think I ever finished it.

I do have CAD design background, SolidWorks, and a 3D printer. I may have to pick up some of those cheap Marlin mags and just design a 3D printed sleeve to bond to it.

Should make for a good rainy day project. Thanks again for the info. Good to hear about the reliability. That was my first question is the feed lips work with the bolt body and everything feeds to the chamber correctly.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:01 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Makes me glad that I bought a couple of extras, when I first bought mine. No, do not want to sell any.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:36 PM
tgt_usa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Until yesterday ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topstrap44 View Post
Mine shoots right up there with my high end longrange rimfire guns but is the perfect gun for PRS type matches.
Until yesterday, Iídíve said my Winchester m52 is my most accurate .22 rifle ... now it appears the Izhmash Biathlon-7-2-KO is just as accurate. Meaning either the ammo or the trigger nut is the limiting factor.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:03 AM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
Makes me glad that I bought a couple of extras, when I first bought mine. No, do not want to sell any.
I had no idea these little guns existed until I stumbled upon a used on. I have been doing as much research as I can recently. I know these were offered by CDNN as little as 5 years ago according to this Reddit thread. No idea how I missed these 5 years ago, but I would have done the same as you and ordered a few to have on hand. These are an absolute steal for the $300-$400 price.

Really wish we could open up import of Russian firearms as more people need these little rifles.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:19 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
I had no idea these little guns existed until I stumbled upon a used on. I have been doing as much research as I can recently. I know these were offered by CDNN as little as 5 years ago according to this Reddit thread. No idea how I missed these 5 years ago, but I would have done the same as you and ordered a few to have on hand. These are an absolute steal for the $300-$400 price.

Really wish we could open up import of Russian firearms as more people need these little rifles.
Just looked at "Completed Auctions" on Gun Broker. They show three sold in the last 2 1/2 months. Two were standard rifles that went for about $800. The third was some kind of Olympic model that went for $1330. I paid $300 IIRC about 10 years ago.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:39 AM
JSchell1309

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
Just looked at "Completed Auctions" on Gun Broker. They show three sold in the last 2 1/2 months. Two were standard rifles that went for about $800. The third was some kind of Olympic model that went for $1330. I paid $300 IIRC about 10 years ago.
Yeah I saw those GB completed auctions. Absolutely nuts. Then again, with Russian imports banned, these will never lose value.

I posted another thread with my story, but I recently scored one of these this weekend for $330 used and didnt fully realize how much gold I just struck.

Such a cool little action and overall rifle for this price.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:40 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great time to sell just about everything Firearms related..But I do believe by mid year a lot more bargains are going to be seen.. I am selling the last of my surplus to me stuff right now..And it is great selling right now..
Old 06-30-2021, 02:18 PM
tgt_usa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
price

Mine is looking pretty good as a small-game rifle, with only having mounted a suitable sight. For $299, it was a bargain. Sure wish I hadn't forgotten it in the back of my safe for ten years.
\ -;