My new missing Anschutz - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:12 PM
rapidfire10ring
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
His record is positive; his latest actions, not so much. If he had, in fact, promptly "re-sent" the rifle with tracking number provided as promised, it would be more in keeping with that record. But that hasn't happened. So, is his life in such shambles with divorce, moving -- both of which can be rather traumatic -- that he's unable to do something as straightforward as sending a package? I hope gentle pressure is enough, but... Sure hope it works out.

Doug
I just communicate with him today, stating he had not RE-SENT the rifle, and he sent an image of the tracking.....but it was the ORIGINAL received as an EMPTY rifle case. Either he is on drugs, or he has no intention of shipping. BT
Old 04-05-2021, 04:19 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDDY BEAR RAT View Post
I was going to suggest the same thing. He has had positive feedback on 8 transactions, 2 in the past 12 months. I would just keep up the gentle pressure.

TBR
On today's communication, I asked for the new tracking number and he sent me the original tracking information for the EMPTY case!!
Old 04-05-2021, 04:48 PM
TEDDY BEAR RAT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Could be drugs
Old 04-05-2021, 04:59 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (274)
Hadn't even thought about that. Addiction can make people do things, or not, that would never happen otherwise. Let us hope...

Doug
Old 04-05-2021, 05:32 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Hadn't even thought about that. Addiction can make people do things, or not, that would never happen otherwise. Let us hope...

Doug
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting dimmer. A friend looked him up and confirms his identity with a photo and some other information: Apparently he is a retired Liquor Control Officer from PA, probably has a retirement check each month too. A felony conviction could end that. Today he went back to his old claim and said he shipped. I filed the GB claim before the clock ran out. I will call ATF tomorrow.

"Mail Fraud A crime in which the perpetrator develops a scheme using the mails to defraud another of money or property. This crime specifically requires the intent to defraud, and is a federal offense governed by section 1341 of title 18 of the U.S. Code."
Old 04-05-2021, 06:03 PM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Google has a reverse image search function. Take the pictures from the GB ad, upload them and Google will check to see if those images are elsewhere on the web. We used this when my wife's friend met the man of her dreams online. Turns out he was the man of many other women's dreams too.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:04 PM
dbr65

TPC Rating: 
100% (274)
I believe PA also has restitution laws for crime victims. If he were to be convicted of a crime related to your transaction, you might be able to recoup your loss via a lien on his property or future earnings. Of course, nothing is easy or timely.

Doug
Old 04-05-2021, 07:48 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs down

Quote:
I believe PA also has restitution laws for crime victims. If he were to be convicted of a crime related to your transaction, you might be able to recoup your loss via a lien on his property or future earnings. Of course, nothing is easy or timely.

Doug
Doug: Basically he just gave me the middle finger today and implied that it was my long-time FFL dealer that stole the rifle.
And just a couple of days earlier, he profusely apologize for NOT SENDING the rifle and promised he would ship that day.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Make sure you save any emails or anything else you can use against this bum
Old 04-05-2021, 08:21 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
He just gave you a gift. He opened the door wide open to bring in the ATF. Your FFL will easily be able to refute his claim by showing them the shipping weight on the label. He just indirectly admitted to the crime.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:42 PM
dbr65

TPC Rating: 
100% (274)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire10ring View Post
Doug: Basically he just gave me the middle finger today and implied that it was my long-time FFL dealer that stole the rifle.
And just a couple of days earlier, he profusely apologize for NOT SENDING the rifle and promised he would ship that day.
As Mike said, a gift. Given all his previous communications, including his admission that not sending the rifle was an oversight, then add that he provided you the tracking # when he shipped it. And that number matches the shipping label your FFL has that includes the shipping weight. So he can't say that the FFL's is not the right tracking #. Yep, fraud at least, and more than a few possible federal felonies. Doesn't help with getting the rifle or your money back any time soon, though. Truly a mess.

Doug
Old 04-05-2021, 11:49 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
As Mike said, a gift. Given all his previous communications, including his admission that not sending the rifle was an oversight, then add that he provided you the tracking # when he shipped it. And that number matches the shipping label your FFL has that includes the shipping weight. So he can't say that the FFL's is not the right tracking #. Yep, fraud at least, and more than a few possible federal felonies. Doesn't help with getting the rifle or your money back any time soon, though. Truly a mess.

Doug
I did file the Buyer protection claim, I just have to get a copy of the signed Money Order that I sent to him (via Federal mail) and fax a copy to GB claims. Also I left a blistering negative feedback.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:53 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrperry View Post
Make sure you save any emails or anything else you can use against this bum

Saved every single one of them!!

Here he is.....I have been a snooping. Retired former Liquor Control Officer, on his way in a nasty divorce. I will try contacting his soon to be ex.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by rapidfire10ring; 04-05-2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:18 AM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
If his soon to be ex has a good lawyer he should have an order preventing him from selling any of his/their property.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:47 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire10ring View Post
I did file the Buyer protection claim, I just have to get a copy of the signed Money Order that I sent to him (via Federal mail) and fax a copy to GB claims. Also I left a blistering negative feedback.
This was the 4th auction on that rifle so I suspect he does own it and just isn't happy with the price. That's nuts I know but as you say he seems to fit that description. https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...=1&PageSize=48

If you still want the rifle it might be worth one more shot at having a civil discussion with him about the consequences of not following through with delivering the rifle or refunding your money.

Have you spoken to him in person? I can private message you the phone numbers showing for him. A simple phone call can sometimes cut through the fog much quicker than numerous emails.

And if you are ready to go nuclear, the USPS Postal Inspector and his local town police would be the logical next steps. You can cause him significant troubles. The ATF wouldn't have jurisdiction from what you've described so far as no federal firearm laws have been broken.

Good luck!

Frank