Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:44 AM
irishbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bailing on my HD Military project...selling it

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums....php?t=1116794

Welp, I give up on this H-D Military. Had all the makings of a fine shooter when I bought it, but I've never been able to solve the failure-to-fire problems as mentioned in the above thread.

I appreciate everyone's help. I have concluded it's likely caused by a slight indent at the chamber face where the bullet casing sits, and won't fire on first round because the round is moving slightly when the firing pin hits it first time. 2nd pull of trigger always makes it go off. If this is it, would certainly be fixed by some work at the chamber or with a new barrel. I just don't feel like pouring time and money into it. So it's going up on gunbroker if anyone interested.

Selling it on gunbroker.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 PM
HDMS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you list the auction # so we can avoid it, or do you plan on listing the issues in the description ?
Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 AM
irishbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't worry, when listed I would be 100% forthcoming on the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM
bullstone
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to bullstone Send a message via MSN to bullstone Send a message via Yahoo to bullstone
Adopting Irish Bob problem child

I am adopting Irish Bobs problem child H.D.Military and hope to be successful in getting it to boom the first pull of the trigger. After several conversations it seems Bob tried to cure the problem by addressing the detent on the hammer, I feel the more he polished and worked on the hammer the more he removed some metal and reduced the impact capability of the hammer strike on the firing pin. I plan on replacing the hammer to increase the strike on the firing pin and hopefully solving the problem.
I plan on calling Alan at Interarms Tx and getting a new hammer.
Can someone walk me thru replacing the hammer or guide me to a diagram ? This H.D. has the hole in the rear of the frame under the hammer to get to the main spring .Any help and comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks Bullstone