Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:46 PM
ovenman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question on match rules

I looked, but did not find mention of rests. Is any rest legal?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Pinball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No one piece rests with return to battery allowed in the matches(I think!).See you post often over at BRC.You''ll get more responses and find friendlier people here.Those guys have a little family that's hard to get adopted in to.You will enjoy our matches.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:04 PM
JL

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like Pinball said, return to battery rests are not legal. But one piece are, like the Outers Varmint rest. But I really don't recommend them unless you already have one. They are not stable/solid enough for serious target shooting. Welcome to the matches! JL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2004, 09:05 PM
ovenman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use

A hart front rest and a bunny ear rear. I saw a pic of someone else's rig. It was one piece. I know RBA and IR 50-50 don't allow one piece rest setups. Just wondered about our e-mail matches.

I know what you mean about the "group". I tried to get some of them interested in shooting for Georgia. They ignored me. Don't know if it's because our target is harder than theirs, or they felt it was beneath them. I figger the best way to deal with it on a personal level is to beat them at their own game. It will be very difficult because they have very good equipment and they can shoot very well, but it ain't impossible. I like being the under dog. It's what makes me practice ten hours a week. It's what had me at the range today for five hours on my birthday. Anything worth doin is worth workin fer.

Having said that, there are some very nice guys that hang around over there. I prolly just haven't gotten to the right ones. Meanwhile I'm havin fun shootin the e-mail matches.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
TangoTwo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ovenman,

I post at both sites also. There are some really good guys over there too. Not to say, I haven't had a couple run-ins myself. Pinball is correct about the friendlier atmosphere here. But, you can't deny the wealth of knowledge over there. Almost everyone I have met in person goes out of their way to help you. You can't read body language thru a computor. This leads to a lot of misunderstanding. Notwithstanding, that some guys are just jerks. I tend to agree that email matches are looked down upon by most over there as being below them. I figure the emails are good practice for the other matches we shoot. The USBR is sure harder than the IR and RBA targets.

Ken