Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Squirel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New member with a new Savage

New member here and curious what I can expect from a new gun I picked up over the weekend. I just bought a Savage 93r17 BSEV and I put a Vortex 6-18x44 scope on it. I still plan on adding some swivel studs so I can pack it around in the woods but haven't made it that far yet. I haven't shot the gun yet, got the gun yesterday and put the scope on today. I have been looking for bullets trying to find as many different kinds as I can to see what it likes best. So far I have some Hornady 17gr, CCI A17 17gr and CCI 20gr game points. What should I expect and be happy with out of the gun group wise at 50 and 100yds? What bullets work best out of yours or any other kind of bullets I should be looking for? This gun is going to be used for range fun but the main purpose is a squirel head smoker.lol