The Watering Hole 3-1-2020 - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 08:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

Hope Brent and family are okay. Tornado season is terrifying. Everything can be wiped away so fast.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:14 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New lens delivered.

Going birding tomorrow, whether I like it or not!

Things could be worse...

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 03-04-2020, 09:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know we have model train enthusiasts around here somewhere. Just saw this on Facebook marketplace near here.

Old 03-04-2020, 09:47 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
At first I thought it was a picture of birch trees in winter undress.
Pretty much. She lives alone on our lake with no neighbor's nearby pretty much in the heavily wooded boonies. Lotsa loners live scattered in da U.P. eh?

Watched Murican Rifleman @ SHOT trying to cover some of the 12 miles of goodies for 2020. Don't think I'm interested in a rifle thumb trigger much.

Storm downgraded to 3-5". Gonna be a warm summer I tell ya.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:36 PM
pans858
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
My little girl, the stray doggie we took in 20 yrs ago may finally be near the end. Wife reports she's had a couple of weak days and now running from both ends. Hope she makes it until the weekend. She's cheated the reaper a few times already, so maybe she'll make it again.

GF, in my extended absence this year, I unknowingly let my membership slip. No love with PayPal, so unable to re-up, thus my pm's are full.
Shoot me a note

Last edited by pans858; 03-05-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: remove email
Old 03-04-2020, 10:37 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, lots of what looks like old Lionel. Now new ones look like the old ones from a distance. Lots of $$$$.

Caught me reclinerizing. Off to bed.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, pans, Atonic, COW, Phil, AZ, Ranger, jnyork, M92, Wayne, Gerald, squirrel, RichJ, Rock, Randy, nfcracin, Hawkeye, wr, pans, Mike, koonta, GP, OldDave, dlong, JDWIN, Carrij, 404, Mikey, Gigi, Brent, Randy, IHMS, JimWY, Greggie, Dean, Tex, CMR, JV, Ground, Alec, 1917, Johnny, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight

PS: sorry pans.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:55 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pans do recurring and it will go through. Sorry about doggie.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2020, 10:57 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best wishes for 'your little girl' Pans.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:59 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Pans do recurring and it will go through.
Happy hour is over Splatz. Back to the kitchen and clean the yellow brick tiles.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:26 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry to hear about your pooch pans.

R
Old 03-04-2020, 11:54 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
pans, sorry to hear your pooch isn't doing well.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:18 AM
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry to hear about your doggie Pans it's always tough loosing someone that close to you. I have felt your pain.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:26 AM
M92pv4u

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Liv'in on the road my friend was gonna keep you free and clean and now you wear your skin like iron and you breath is hard as kerosene weren't your mama's only boy her favorite one it seemed she began to cry as you said goodbye...
Old 03-05-2020, 03:40 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Liv'in on the road my friend was gonna keep you free and clean and now you wear your skin like iron and you breath is hard as kerosene weren't your mama's only boy her favorite one it seemed she began to cry as you said goodbye...
Old 03-05-2020, 03:58 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Hope your little pal pulls thru again, pans. I remember the last time she was down & came thru. Twenty years is an incredible run for a dog of any breed. Great that she's been w/you guys that long! I'll pray it gets to be longer.
--

It is disconcerting not to hear from Shirley and Brent, but Shirley was absent for a while once before when he was nauseated & down and I pray that's all it is once more; his just stepping away for a bit from RFC/TWH, but I don't know his present status/situation. Same on Brent and we know his twin, Kent, is also challenged medically, so just have to pray for both of those fine fellers as well and hope they are okay.
--

Finally made contact w/the owner of the .22 that had intrigued me the other day. He still had it and we made a deal over the phone on it, so I went by and glommed it after the usual paperwork routine on the way out to the gun club. I am now the proud owner of a Walther 'Sport' Model V .22 single shot w/25 & " bbl., very nice walnut stock, original sling swivels [no sling], original sliding tangent [calibrated to 200 meters] rear sight w/the fine target insert fitted & removable front blade that is the 'pointed post' version. It has finger grooves on the forearm and factory chequering on the grip. I rate it easy 90%+ overall, condition wise, but most importantly, the bore is perfect as is breech, the action and adjustable two stage trigger. The barrel is a heavy one, but shy of whot I'd call a full blown bull target bbl. Its close, but shy. Crown is unscathed. Oh, and the receiver is grooved, so fitting a scope should not be a huge issue. I've not had the calipers on it yet, but it looks to be of CZ dimension. Some iterations of these rifles had the bbl. grooved as well, but not this one. Its pre-war, made in the 1930's and extremely well fitted & finished. Just need some decent weather conditions to find how it shoots. I have high expectations & zero reason not to. Its a very well made rifle.
--

Got to the club just after 4P. It started to rain again just as I got there. Went inside and got a cup of joe and waited to see who would show. Few people were there & none of the regular Wednesday geezers. My squad mate that flew back earlier from AZ did show after a bit, so we decided to shoot the league targets, weather be darned. We were the only two persons to shoot! Temp was in the low 50's and dropping, wind was NW 16 G 22 and as I mentioned, it was raining. .2" worth, as it turned out. We both got soaked, but he's a hunter as well and we had fun. I broke a 19 first box & 23 the second for 84% and was pleased to have done so. Not bad, for an old cuss w/a duck gun fitted w/a skeet choke & 7/8's oz. of #8 shot in the ammunition. Kinda went brain dead on several targets in the first box, but paid more attention on the second box and got a better result. It was challenging, I'll say that.
--

Presently enjoying a coupla 'midnight martinis' made w/Michael Godard vodka from Holland. Izzit better than other premium vodka's? Nope, but he is an artiste and does limited edition appliques of his werk on distinctive black bottles and this one, from a while back, depicts a cartoonish pair of stylized limes standing in front of a martini w/Manhattan in the background at night, him wearing a fedora and holding a cigar & her in heel's. It says all you ever need know about a martini.. and makes me think of dlong & his bride, on a night out. The bottle just spoke to me when I saw it on the shelf. Other iterations since, not so much, but they can be a talking point, in some circles.

Guy I bought the Walther from was wearing a Pepsi Rolex.

Last edited by wookness; 03-05-2020 at 04:05 AM.
Closed Thread