Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Pyromancy5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Aia m10-a2

This is my Australian International Arms M10-A2. Only a few of these rifles made it into the US before the ATF found out that the blanks for the teakwood stock came from Viet Nam. Banned. It's estimated that there are only about 6-800 of these in the states.

It's a re-engineered hand build rifle based off of the Enfield no. 4 Jungle Carbine. It is chambered in 7.62x39mm, has a 16.2" hard chrome lined barrel with a 90 degree recessed crown. It utilizes a rear locking bolt enfield action, and it accepts a slightly modified AK-47 magazine. I used to have a scope on it, but the iron sights are very nice. It has a guarded front sight integrated into the flash hider. Here's a few crummy picks.

My brother in law shooting it with the scope.

Best group of 5 at 100 yards with iron sights

Best group of 5 at 100 yards with a scope. Both shot with METAK Yugo surplus.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
VASCAR2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow thanks for posting as I always liked the Enfield carbines but I would rather have the rifle in 6.5 Grendel. This could be the bolt gun of my dreams..
Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Pyromancy5

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't think AIA ever made one in that cal, but they did make the M10-B1/ B2 in .308/7.62x51. It accepted an AR type magazine and had a match barrel. I do not know if any of that model made it into the states, but I would trade this one in a heartbeat for it.

IIRC AIA is now defunct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
VASCAR2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Even though I like the 6.5 Grendel better than the 7.62X39 if I had the money and saw one of those on the table for sale it would be mine. Very nice unique rifle. 6.5 Grendel is basically the same case as 7.62X39 necked down to take .264 caliber bullets. Very efficient cartridge with with bullets having high ballistic coefficient. 16 inch 6.5 Grendel will stay super sonic out to a 1000 yards and is good for medium size game out to 300 yards easily with 16 inch barrel.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:00 AM
Treeman53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know it's a very old post, but I haven't seen anything recent on these rifles. Anybody know what's up? None for sale, no posts at all about the AIA M10....
Old 03-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeman53 View Post
I know it's a very old post, but I haven't seen anything recent on these rifles. Anybody know what's up? None for sale, no posts at all about the AIA M10....
I haven't seen one for years

They seem rare in England too, but unlikely they where "banned" in this country due to the origin of the woodwork

I handled a few of them and was set on getting the 7.62x 39 version and it was a very nice rifle...well made, almost too well made

I think they where never popular in the UK as they had a bad reputation regarding magazine feeding issues and could be quite finicky, also they have a chrome bore which isn't good for accuracy, reports came back from the community over here saying that particular model was not very accurate.

The one thing that turned me off the AIA's was the woodwork, although beautiful it was made out of some secret unknown species of Vietnamese lead trees and weighed about the same as a small planet, Honestly this thing was Heeeaavvvy! Im a 6ft tall average build(slightly fat) man!

It reminded me of a Bren gun I used to have to carry , as it weighed about the same.

You could get a converted number 4 "tanker" and finding one maybe a lot easier than an AIA

Alternatively CZ make a stunning 527 scout in "Kalash" calibre, I always wanted one as I love the 762x39 in anything other than an AK

Its a sweet and unpretentious round as opposed to that that flash Harry .223 pea shooter!

Oh yeah and she is accurate, very accurate indeed!

Last edited by Discontinued; 03-04-2020 at 01:56 PM.