Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-23-2020, 12:02 PM
TonyDesmond

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tikka T1X

Took about 4 months for my dealer to get 1 in,I installed an Elay precision trigger spring ,a Bushnell Forge 3x18 scope ,a victor company cheek riser,and a DIP picatinny rail..
1st impression ,the bolt is stiff not like my T3 at all ,the trigger is good out of the box ,but the 9$ spring makes it better ,the ejector is the crappy part ,its a wire spring setup and 95% of the time it ejects ,maybe it will break in ?
I removed the spacer block under the barrel from the stock,the forend is really narrow for a benchrest,but you can buy a wider 1 to slip over the stock

It seems to like cci standard ammo the best ,followed by Norma tac ,and it was shooting average of 1" in at 100yds for me,but I only shoot 3 ,5 shot groups at 100 yds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8058.jpg (489.3 KB, 28 views)
Old 02-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Billinoregon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a group to be proud of. Hope you get the ejector sorted out.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:27 PM
catbird
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
That is quite good! Try some midrange ammo, or even some upscale stuff. It just might wander into being a one-holer. Mine did.
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 06:38 PM
junglekat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
looks great
Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Poper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDesmond View Post
Took about 4 months for my dealer to get 1 in,I installed an Elay precision trigger spring ,a Bushnell Forge 3x18 scope ,a victor company cheek riser,and a DIP picatinny rail..
1st impression ,the bolt is stiff not like my T3 at all ,the trigger is good out of the box ,but the 9$ spring makes it better ,the ejector is the crappy part ,its a wire spring setup and 95% of the time it ejects ,maybe it will break in ?
I removed the spacer block under the barrel from the stock,the forend is really narrow for a benchrest,but you can buy a wider 1 to slip over the stock

It seems to like cci standard ammo the best ,followed by Norma tac ,and it was shooting average of 1" in at 100yds for me,but I only shoot 3 ,5 shot groups at 100 yds.
I would buy a case of that lot number if my rifle shot it that well.

Good shooting!
Old 03-04-2020, 02:07 AM
Wilsonj1018

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yessir, mines the exact same way with cci sv, tried numerous ammunition with only 3 breaking sub moa, cci sv edged them both out averaging under 1moa at 100 with a best of the day at .551 from a old orange box, new blue box was only slightly behind bust still averaging in the .85 range edging out green tag. Awesome shooting, and an awesome rifle!
Old 03-04-2020, 06:16 AM
Basstar

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:

"Get thee behind me Satan." "Hee-Hee"

I wish you guys would stop posting these group results from the T1x rifles as every time I see these posts I want one more and more "AND" I prefer wood and blue over synthetic.

I love my CZ and 10/22 nicely stocked .22's but everything I see and read indicates this T1x is a shooter right out of the box.

Oh well, I purchased a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic for Sporting Clays and absolutely love that shotgun so perhaps I need a synthetic rifle to match.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:17 AM
justinp61
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstar View Post
"Get thee behind me Satan." "Hee-Hee"

I wish you guys would stop posting these group results from the T1x rifles as every time I see these posts I want one more and more "AND" I prefer wood and blue over synthetic.

I love my CZ and 10/22 nicely stocked .22's but everything I see and read indicates this T1x is a shooter right out of the box.

Oh well, I purchased a Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic for Sporting Clays and absolutely love that shotgun so perhaps I need a synthetic rifle to match.
Buy one and put it in a T3 wood take off.

IMO these are fine rifles for the money.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:59 AM
chetc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

I'd be heading to the national's with that rifle