Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:18 AM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Finally found a real value.

The Bergara is probably the new most accurate rifle in my toy box. My Winchester 52E was the king of consistently small groups until this Bergara became a resident of my humble Collection. The trigger needs refining on the Bergara, the Kenyon trigger on the Winchester is a formidable foe for the factory Bergara trigger....I’m trying to find some better ammunition to further test the Spanish Senorita. One of my fellow Rimfire Central members describes it as “ a forever rifle”. I think he is right on the money with that statement. The 850 dollar street price makes it a bargain. No need for custom barrels.Thanks to all that recommended this rifle !
Old 08-14-2020, 05:16 AM
Remingtonsnob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love mine! just keeps shooting better n better, the addition of a bix tac sport pro was a must breaks at 3oz and is fully adjustable. 4 members at my club now have them and us and the cz crew have been battling ot out in the 100 yrd eggshoots..a couple of us have been able to spank the vudoo guys on occasion!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:54 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have had the carbon barrel version out to the range 2 times, so far. Although the gun has been impressive, I am dissapointed in the trigger. So much so that I've ordered a Triggertech to replace the Bergara trigger. I realize OEM triggers have their limitations. And this trigger has great attritubes except for the pull weight. A wee bit less than 2.5 pounds is as low as I can get this one. Seems to me the gun should come with a trigger capable of a lower setting. Another thing... the barrel came to me extremely dirty/oily/greasy. It took me about 12 patches to get it clean. It was so dirty I called Bergara USA to be sure this was OK. The gentleman I spoke with said
Bergara used 'very heavy oil' during the manufacturing process. OK; does Bergara not clean the bore before they ship them out? Apparently not. This is not a deal-killer for me- but geez! Should'nt they be cleaned?
The gun is very young. But it has performed superbly from the bench. It has shot several different ammo into sub MOA groups. And the best ammo I've shot into half MOA groups at 50 and 100 yards. The feel of the rifle is superb- very ergonomic for me. The gun was purchased for PRS &
ELR match use. I predict it will do well. I'm glad I bought the carbon barrel; it makes the gun balance better. And the lighter weight helps me position the gun a little quicker.
I say... this rifle is a Winner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2020, 11:06 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanHi View Post
Another thing... the barrel came to me extremely dirty/oily/greasy. It took me about 12 patches to get it clean. It was so dirty I called Bergara USA to be sure this was OK. The gentleman I spoke with said
Bergara used 'very heavy oil' during the manufacturing process. OK; does Bergara not clean the bore before they ship them out? Apparently not. This is not a deal-killer for me- but geez! Should'nt they be cleaned?
Talk to the CZ guys who have literally spent hours cleaning their .22LR barrels of the brown crud left in the bores by the factory. I've gone through that numerous times.

The bore on my Begara B14R in .22LR took only 4 or 5 patches to clean which isn't bad.

The Bergara is on a different level than the average CZ rimfire.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:43 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
Talk to the CZ guys who have literally spent hours cleaning their .22LR barrels of the brown crud left in the bores by the factory. I've gone through that numerous times.
I was going to mention that earlier. When I first cleaned my 452 American I was at over 100 patches through the barrel and finally gave up. I should've quit much earlier but I was too stubborn to give up

Looking forward to getting a Bergara myself

Old 08-14-2020, 02:17 PM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
I was going to mention that earlier. When I first cleaned my 452 American I was at over 100 patches through the barrel and finally gave up. I should've quit much earlier but I was too stubborn to give up

Looking forward to getting a Bergara myself
Hmmm. Maybe this explains why the factory does not clean the barrels before shipping- It's too dang difficult to clean!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:43 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If they cleaned them, y'all would be complaining that the bores are all rusty! Them poor gun makers just can't win!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:00 PM
ShooterReady

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
If they cleaned them, y'all would be complaining that the bores are all rusty! Them poor gun makers just can't win!
You want all that grease/oil for shipping. They are shipped by freighter/container ship. 2 weeks at sea will rust anything, so be glad there is oil on the guns.

Just be glad they aren't made in Russia with 2 metric tons of cosmoline on the gun.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:36 PM
1275midget
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was a little surprised at how much cleaning it took first time as well.
After several patches I ran the brass bore brush. That did the trick.
Didn't take much after that to finish the job.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:26 PM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
The Bergara is probably the new most accurate rifle in my toy box. My Winchester 52E was the king of consistently small groups until this Bergara became a resident of my humble Collection. The trigger needs refining on the Bergara, the Kenyon trigger on the Winchester is a formidable foe for the factory Bergara trigger....I’m trying to find some better ammunition to further test the Spanish Senorita. One of my fellow Rimfire Central members describes it as “ a forever rifle”. I think he is right on the money with that statement. The 850 dollar street price makes it a bargain. No need for custom barrels.Thanks to all that recommended this rifle !
Which Bergara did you get? A 22lr or long distance shooter?

The store is about 30 minutes away from where I am this summer and I might enjoy a field trip over there.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:45 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
the Rimfire........,22LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammm View Post
Which Bergara did you get? A 22lr or long distance shooter?

The store is about 30 minutes away from where I am this summer and I might enjoy a field trip over there.
I have the B14R .22LR. It is an awesome rifle......
Old 08-15-2020, 09:44 AM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I have the B14R .22LR. It is an awesome rifle......
Mighty fine rifle. If I knew what I know now, I'd be tempted to have gotten the Begera rather than my Ruger 10/22 backpacker for about the same money with trigger upgrade to the Ruger.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles...stock%20length.

Seems like it is a better barrel/rife. How well do you like the OEM trigger? Any changes needed on the trigger?

On second thought a Ruger 10/22 likes most ammo and the site says that the Begara does not like high velocity. Drats.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:26 PM
jimb100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 10/22 with an 18" Green Mountain heavy barrel and the BX trigger upgrade. At 50 yards it will shoot 1 moa all day.

I've tried it with the stock Ruger tapered barrel and lost about 1/2 moa using the same ammo.

The Bergara is a fine rifle but I'm sure I haven't gotten all the accuracy I can out of my 10/22. Of course, as is usually the case, accuracy depends $$. How much accuracy can you afford.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:18 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
How did this become a 10/22 thread?

As much as I like my 10/22 with Kidd barrel I would hope the Bergara B14R will shoot circles around it. I hope to find out someday soon

Last edited by PWNolan; 08-15-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:41 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
That thread with the barreled action in a nice wood stock was very interesting. Gives it the feel and look of a modern classic.