Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:35 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
M77/22 Magnum RSI?

Are these slip fit barrels or , threaded? Just curious, the one im looking at is gorgeous, and for some reason i want it , even though im no longer a hunter.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:38 AM
2ADreamer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think they’re threaded based on manufactured date. I have two; one stainless LR and one WMR. Haven’t had either out of the stock since I got them back from CPC. Both great shooters and look great as well. Getting pretty expensive now. If you want one suggest you get it now. Don’t see the prices going down on these. Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:50 PM
Belkiman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ADreamer View Post
I think they’re threaded based on manufactured date. I have two; one stainless LR and one WMR. Haven’t had either out of the stock since I got them back from CPC. Both great shooters and look great as well. Getting pretty expensive now. If you want one suggest you get it now. Don’t see the prices going down on these. Good luck with your decision.
I have a stainless LR also. What did you have CPC do to them? I am curious as to the improvement in accuracy. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2020, 05:10 AM
2ADreamer

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Got the CPC “full combo” as described
on the website. Had both of mine done (lr and wmr). Randy did include a note saying that he hadn’t shortened an 18.5” bbl on a wmr so wasn’t sure how it affected accuracy. Both mine shoot great. He does superb work. Recommend him highly.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Belkiman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ADreamer View Post
Got the CPC “full combo” as described
on the website. Had both of mine done (lr and wmr). Randy did include a note saying that he hadn’t shortened an 18.5” bbl on a wmr so wasn’t sure how it affected accuracy. Both mine shoot great. He does superb work. Recommend him highly.
How much does he shorten the barrel? Does it still stick out past the muzzle cap?
Old 08-14-2020, 08:14 PM
2ADreamer

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think it was less than 0.10”. Never really measured. I can say that the aesthetics are unchanged. Both my lr and wmr are beautiful rifles. He just made them better.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:02 PM
rhill
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one in .22lr, and if I ever find a .22mag I am going to snatch it up. Love those RSI's! I have a 77rsi in .243 to match it. I find them in .308 from time to time, one will find it's way into my safe someday. By the way, my lr barrel is screwed in.