Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
That was evident 40 posts agoThat was evident 40 posts ago
You and outsider should become buddies

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old Today, 02:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is the last thing I have to say. Only you can choose to believe what you want to.. Gifford law center explains things rather well.

SUMMARY OF FEDERAL LAW

Licensed firearms dealers are required to maintain records of the acquisition and sale of firearms for at least 20 years.11%The dealer must record, “in bound form,” the purchase or other acquisition of a firearm no later than the close of the next business day following the purchase or acquisition.12%The dealer must similarly record the sale or other disposition of a firearm not later than seven days following the date of such transaction and retain Form 4473, the Firearms Transaction Record.13%When a firearms business is discontinued, these records are delivered to the successor or, if none exists, to the Attorney General.14

Just because there is no centralized FEDERAL database of all gun owners, information about gun sales and the purchaser are maintained by the ffl holder and the state government as required by federal law.

What this means is, if in any crime or other situation (red flag law) that involves a firearm, the LEO must first contact the manufacturer and work down the line to the ffl that sold said firearm. They then contact the ffl, who is required to maintain the information of firearms they sell, and find out who owns said firearm/s. Rather lengthy process. I am close family friends with a few detectives in local and state jurisdictions and they've told me about several crazy closed cases. If they want to find out what guns you own it can be done. So long as it was purchased from an ffl in the past 20 years. So here's a scenario... If a certain individual does a serious crime and happens to have this firearm registered to them. LE will try, if court ordered and legal in the state, to seize said person's firearms only to find this one missing. Said missing firearm gets put on a list and local ffl/le are notified. I go to sell it down the road, someone tries to run the serial number, and bam im neck deep in lawyer BS. No thank you.

Now, normally, I would listen to anyone's recommendation on products. Especially since I'm building a type of fire arm I've never cared to until now. And generally I'm extremely easy to get along with. Ive been perusing forums since the early 90's. But I don't care for outwardly rude people and especially their opinions and beliefs.

Last edited by jgill0056; Today at 03:21 AM.
Old Today, 05:09 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Millions of non. Ffl transfers, thosands of closed ffls, thousands of non computerized ffls, millions of guns. And besides that gun is already linked to you. Cause when they get to the guy who sold it to you, hes gonna give yo up in a heartbeat. Just have your leo buddy run the sn against the hot list.

And yes i am friends with IO, cause this is a website for friendly people. But that’s something you also don't understand .
Old Today, 06:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Millions of non. Ffl transfers, thosands of closed ffls, thousands of non computerized ffls, millions of guns. And besides that gun is already linked to you. Cause when they get to the guy who sold it to you, hes gonna give yo up in a heartbeat. Just have your leo buddy run the sn against the hot list.

And yes i am friends with IO, cause this is a website for friendly people. But that’s something you also don't understand .
Me. I've been friendly to everyone except the rude 2. Have fun

Old Today, 08:58 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Post 62” this is the last thing i have to say.” Post 64 says otherwise