Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
olypenn22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
94% (15)
H&R 922 .22 revolver

My first post here on the pistol side, have owner several rugers, and a smith in .22 pistols but never seem to hang on to them, My interest is older Remingtons and Mossbergs .22 rifles, While buying a Mossey(a New Haven 240C) at a local pawn shop, found a H&R 922, Built in 1950, great condition, very tight, was only $80. out the door, was not expecting much but really like the way this revolver shoots. Notice I am missing front sight blade, have another on order, Have attached pictures, Any one else with experence with this .22?, Thanks Olypenn22

Old 04-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Cheyenne Raider

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My father has one in the original box with all the papers, his has white marble like plastic grips. it feel like it is built real solid but I have never shot it and I don't think he has. It was my mothers fathers gun. I have a H&R pre 1942 hammerless pocket pistol in 38S&W that I use for Cowboy action Shooting and other than the finish being a little worn it still locks up tight and functions fine.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Mossbergman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Hollow log along the Susquehanna River, Dauphin County Pa.
TPC Rating: 
88% (7)
Exclamation "ole lightning"

WOW! Been almost 40 yrs. but that sure looks like the good ole pistol i used to carry on my trap lines. The drop out cylinder made it eqasy to "unload" everytime i moved to another location. (this was b/4 CCW) I used to just drop the cylinder into my pkt ,then pop her back in down the road. I used to call that gun "Ole Lightning" cause it sure seemed it would never hit the same place twice. Sold it for $30.00 I used that one for trapping being so if i fell into the creek with her not big deal. If that one don't shoot any straighter than the one i had you won't need the frt sight blade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
wyle43
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The very first 22 pistol I ever shot was a H&R trappers model a 9 shot top break. To me it was awsome, at 5 yro. I still think it may have been a ok gun. It lead me to buy a S&W 617 so I could maybe expierence my childhood with a revolver.
Jim
Old 04-12-2005, 08:57 PM
JBP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first revolver was a 922 which I bought for $75 close to 30 years ago. Still have it and it take it to the range a few times a year. It has never given me any problems and is as accurate as my Ruger Single Six.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:54 PM
0verkill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm not sure what your pistol looks like Olypenn22 because all I have are red X's but I know mine doesnt break over like Cheyenne Ryder's. This is my first post to this site and have a question about my H&R 922.

I got the pistol from my dad and it was his dad's. I have not been able to find any info on this gun.... age, worth (from what I've seen not a hole lot), etc. I just recently found out what H&R stood for. Thanks for anyother input.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Stryker60

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olypenn22
My first post here on the pistol side, have owner several rugers, and a smith in .22 pistols but never seem to hang on to them, My interest is older Remingtons and Mossbergs .22 rifles, While buying a Mossey(a New Haven 240C) at a local pawn shop, found a H&R 922, Built in 1950, great condition, very tight, was only $80. out the door, was not expecting much but really like the way this revolver shoots. Notice I am missing front sight blade, have another on order, Have attached pictures, Any one else with experence with this .22?, Thanks Olypenn22

Well, I learned to shoot a handgun with one, does that count? Between my brother and I we probably put 10,000 rounds through it. My dad wasn't too happy, since it was his gun. We loved it. Lightweight, 9 shot, it helped you go through a box of .22 cartridges in a hurry. Double action is a bit of a challenge, however.

I always found it to be relatively accurate. I has much better accuracy out of the H&R than from the heavy barrel Ruger auto I bought years later. The first sign of wear was a tendency to skip a chamber. (remember, this was after about 10 yrs of 2 boys carrying it in holsters, pockets and everything else, over hill and dale, through streams, ponds, well you get the idea) I think you will have a blast with it.

Last year I found one in very good condition in a pawn shop. I bought it and gave it to my dad to replace his. Now if I can replace the tools we lost over the years....

Stryker60