Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Trigger71
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22/45 co-witness with RDS

I have a Delta Point on my MkIV Lite. It's a dovetail mount and quite low. I've been all around looking for info on a front sight high enough to co-witness the dot. I've seen this question asked here, but no responses... Has anyone found any high/suppressor height front sights?

No luck with Dawson or a couple others...

Maybe I just need more time with finding the dot. I'm shooting Steel Challenge, and having a hard time transitioning from irons to dot and thought a thin black blade might help me along. Anyone else have this trouble?
Old 11-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tandemkross says their PC Carbine front sight will fit the 22/45 Lite. They said it is 0.77" high. Here is a pic they sent me:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (100.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Tandemkross says their PC Carbine front sight will fit the 22/45 Lite. They said it is 0.77" high. Here is a pic they sent me:
I asked Tandemkross if they would make one without the fiber optic for folks that want to co-witness irons and red dot with the Leuopold DP Pro and the optional Leupold rear iron sight attachment for it. They said no. Bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 09:37 AM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Paint over the fiber optic. Pull out the fiber optic and fill the hole with JB and paint it black.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:52 AM
sandog
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Looks like the extra height of that PC sight will help, but my question would be, can you get the rear sight up high enough to match ?

There is a thread on perfectunions Mini forum about cowitnessing, and a couple guys seemed to think that if you can see the front sight in the dot's view, that is a cowitness.
I can see the front sight thru my dot if I tip the muzzle towards the sky, but the rear sight is no where near lined up with the front.
You might have to do some mods to the rear sight in order to get more elevation out of it.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:43 AM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger71 View Post
I have a Delta Point on my MkIV Lite. It's a dovetail mount and quite low. I've been all around looking for info on a front sight high enough to co-witness the dot. I've seen this question asked here, but no responses... Has anyone found any high/suppressor height front sights?

No luck with Dawson or a couple others...

Maybe I just need more time with finding the dot. I'm shooting Steel Challenge, and having a hard time transitioning from irons to dot and thought a thin black blade might help me along. Anyone else have this trouble?
When I went from iron to optic on a 22/45 in steel challenge I ended up with a 90 degree mount and a C-more to get the dot down low enough to present almost the same as the iron sights did. I got tired of the bulky brick on top of my gun and went with a DeltaPoint Pro 7.5. I was able to transition to the DP quickly by practicing my first shot in dry fire. You must learn to line your head up with the first target and just move the gun to the low ready position without taking your head and eyes off the first target, do not stare at the sights at the low ready position. Once you have practiced the first shot properly enough it will become automatic plus there is usually a lot of time to be gained by getting that first shot down to a .6 or better. Hopefully you got the 7.5 DP and not the 2.5 for Steel Challenge, the 2.5 is just too small for speed shooting.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggK View Post
Paint over the fiber optic. Pull out the fiber optic and fill the hole with JB and paint it black.
A less than elegant solution.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:09 PM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
A less than elegant solution.
I think you would be waiting a very long time before a vendor thought there was enough of a market for co-witness sights for a 22/45 to go into production for the 2 people that wanted them.