Help! New 22/45 Lite Multiple FTE and FTF Issues - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 PM
flightmedic02
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Help! New 22/45 Lite Multiple FTE and FTF Issues

Guys, I've had my 22/45 Lite MKIII for about a month. I've got around 750 +/- rounds through it. I've got a hand full of issues that I'm concerned with.

1st: I've had at least one failure to feed or failure to extract in every mag that I've ran through it. I've tried Mini Mags, CCI Standard Velocity, M22, Winchester Super X, and Winchester White Box. It likes the CCI Standards the best, but even with those, it has failure to eject issues fairly often. Is there a known issue with the ejector, or any other known issues with the MKIII 22/45 Lites? Is this something that gets better after a longer break in? I'm extremely disappointed in it.

2nd: Even with my elevation screw maxed out on adjustment, I'm shooting 2 1/2" low at 10 yards. I'm pretty proficient with pistols, and two other shooters have shot it, and had the same results. It groups great, but they're consistently 2 1/2" low. They are factory sights.

I'm at my wits end with this thing. I'm starting to question my purchase, and seriously thinking about selling it and going a different route. My next step is to call Ruger and go through the headache of sending it back to them for warranty work.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:31 PM
shepmankev

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
I was having major issues with ejection and chambering rounds in a new to me 22/45 lite recentley. In a last ditch effort before calling Ruger I pulled out the silver piece in the loaded chamber indicator assy and haven't had a problem since. If you do have to send it back the process with Ruger is luckily pretty painless in my experience. I recently had to send a 22/45 target back for a spot of missing blueing on the barrel.

Last edited by shepmankev; 03-31-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:07 PM
flightmedic02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I called Ruger, and they said that it definitely needs to be sent in, especially since it's a newer model. Apparently this isn't uncommon for the newer 22/45 Lites. They quoted me a 7-10 day turnaround time, and promised they'd take care of me. They were extremely helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2017, 09:10 PM
B8TTYVILLEKID

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had the same issue. Changing out the LCI in my lite made it an entirely new pistol as far as FTE, stovepipes and so forth. I kept changing magazines and ammo as well. Bought the TK replacement and now it will swallow any ammo I throw at it and I have run thousands of rounds with no issue. When you get it back if you still have the same issues lose the LCI in my opinion. I'm not much of a gun nerd but even I could make the modification pretty easily.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:02 PM
lscocoa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the NRA red mIII lite , I'm having the same troubles and I'm thinking it's my grip . I'm thinking I'm hitting the loaded chamber indicator with my thumb. Feed problems are mostly ammo but I think some are grip too. I've been a revolver shooter my hole life and have larger hands . Does a person need a blank in the slot if one removes the loaded chamber indicator?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The pistol will function without the blank, but you might burn your thumb a little.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Florida Guy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscocoa View Post
Does a person need a blank in the slot if one removes the loaded chamber indicator?
The removal process requires the removal of an internal part, so the lci can be put back in place. That's what I did.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Indigo22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I too took the metal tab out then put the plastic part and spring back in the slot. Free mod that can be reversed if you want to.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:42 AM
KTGunsmithing
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On my 22/45 Lites I took the LCI parts out and left the slot open. Hasn't been a problem.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:02 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmedic02 View Post
I called Ruger, and they said that it definitely needs to be sent in, especially since it's a newer model. Apparently this isn't uncommon for the newer 22/45 Lites. They quoted me a 7-10 day turnaround time, and promised they'd take care of me. They were extremely helpful.
That's the BEST advice you received, so far. I'm sure they'll take much better care of you than others are willing to provide.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:46 PM
flightmedic02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took it back to my FFL today, and they handled the return to Ruger for me. Should be back by the end of next week. When it comes back, I'm gonna put a few hundred rounds through it, and make sure it runs. If not, it'll get sent right back.

Last edited by flightmedic02; 04-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:07 AM
flightmedic02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got my gun back from Ruger in about 6 business days. They replaced the entire bolt assembly, repaired the ejector, and test fired 180 rounds. I've put about 500 more through it since I got it back with zero malfunctions. I couldn't be happier with Ruger's customer service. I hate that I had to use it, but I'm glad they were so good. They said to change brands of ammo, but I guess that's a pretty standard statement from the techs. I told them I ran every brand I could get my hands on through it, and even the CCI Mini Mags and Standard Velocities were malfunctioning. It runs like a champ now though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6072_1493006761272.jpg (231.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Florida Guy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good to hear they took such good care of you, and they seemed to have fixed your problem.