Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:07 PM
desert_diver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington 513T Trigger

I'm looking for advice on the trigger for my Remington 513T.

After shooting the rifle a few times, I noticed the trigger was very light - ~15 oz, according to my LGS. After reading articles on RFC, I suspected that the trigger had been altered to achieve such a low pull weight.

Later, I noticed that simply manipulating the safety - moving from Safe to Fire to Safe could cause the rifle to discharge.

I disassembled the rifle and found two problems. 1) The sear had been modified and 2) the Trigger Spring and Trigger Spring Plunger were missing.

I intend to buy a new sear and Trigger Spring & Trigger Spring Plunger. While shopping, I saw this item: https://www.ssporters.com/product-p/461-1c.htm.

Questions:
How will the absence of a Trigger Take-up Spring affect the function of the rifle?
Is the absence of a Trigger Take-up Spring a desirable feature if I prefer a lighter trigger pull?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 PM
tomon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
After doing some reading on some Parts lists, I THINK the trigger take-up spring must be the one that puts pressure on the sear stud and is in a slot in the trigger. When the slot, stud, sear, and trigger get gunked up or rusty, it could result in a harder trigger pull. I'm thinking that if they are parts repatriated from South America, the spring was eliminated from the assembly to stop any rust/ dirt problems. I found the same site this afternoon and was contemplating a road trip there, as I have two chipped sears! I'll call them tomorrow to verify that they still have a retail store.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:26 AM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
leaving out trigger take up spring will not affect safety or function - you might notice some slight change in trigger travel , but i have not - most people + some parts suppliers do not even know that the 513 trigger is different from other 5 teen models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2017, 10:50 PM
desert_diver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the help. I'm about to purchase a few replacement parts from Numrich.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 PM
grandparem
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd be careful what youbuy from them as some parts are remakes and not the best quality... I have bought some that didn't even work. Been a while since I looked for parts and not sure who is still around, like Jack First in Rapid City, SD and others. Numrich lists the same trigger spring for the 513 as the other 510 seires and that' wrong. They don't even seem to know about the small takeup spring or the trigger with the hole in the side that is correct for that spring.