Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I asked the dealer I bought mine from and he thought it did. There wasn't one in the box so he just called his distributor that thought it did also. There was quite a long conservation back and forth while the distributor did some checking and sure enough---no rail with the Mk IV Target. That was where I found out that I could get one from shopruger.com. I also found several available from manufactures like TandemKross. I knew what the Ruger rail was and could see no reason to shell out twenty more bucks for basically the same piece of aluminum with a different name on it.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I have the Mk IV and the Mk III 22/45 lite. The Ruger rail is interchangeable between the two and mounts either in front of the rear sight or can be turned 180 degrees and mounted by removing the rear sight. The factory sights on these pistols are identical and can can be used with the rail installed.

I have no idea why Ruger or SWG would say that the iron sights can't be used with the rail installed unless it is in the way on some of the other models of these guns. It certainly isn't on the two models I have.
Thanks for sharing your findings!
I knew I couldn't be the only one who found the iron sights work just fine with the rail installed. Seems to be a lot of confusion about this, which is disappointing since the Ruger rail is well made, well thought out by being reversible, and priced very reasonably.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Vulcanaft

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the "Shadow" Picatinny Rail GREY for my Ruger Mark IV Target SS
from TANDEMKROSS.
Quality is super! But it's useless!!! Dimensions of Picatinny Rail are wrong.
All Items I have, I tried to attach but I can't tighten. Rail is too small.
I bought rail grey to use my Trijicon Red Dot on Ruger Mark IV.
I cant use it all dangles around.
I returned it!
They asked me about review on this product. I sent my review on it, but they didn't put it on website. I didn't see it on review section, but I received email from them it was approved.
So, maybe somebody can tell me where can I buy GREY/Silver Picatinny Rail to match the gun.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2017, 04:45 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanaft View Post
from TANDEMKROSS.
I returned it!
They asked me about review on this product. I sent my review on it, but they didn't put it on website. I didn't see it on review section, but I received email from them it was approved.
So, maybe somebody can tell me where can I buy GREY/Silver Picatinny Rail to match the gun.
Thanks
Sorry to hear that. My black rail (on a stainless gun) works well, fits, etc. Did you ask them to replace it with one the right size, or did you just slam the door in their face when you sent it back? (In other words, did you give them a chance to make it right?)

Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Vulcanaft

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No I didn't ask. I will wait a few months. Gen Manager she said they are going to fix the problem. I am not alone a lot of people complain about it.
Could you take a picture of your Mrk IV. Do you use for Red Dot or...?
Thanks
Old 02-10-2017, 01:53 AM
xdm9mm

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
from TANDEMKROSS.
I returned it!
Thanks

Same problem I encountered. I did tell them and they acknowledged they had problems with some picatinny attachments. They asked me to send the rail back and I got a refund.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:26 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No I didn't ask. I will wait a few months. Gen Manager she said they are going to fix the problem. I am not alone a lot of people complain about it.
Could you take a picture of your Mrk IV. Do you use for Red Dot or...?
Thanks
Will do - I use a HoloSun 2MOA dot. It seems to work at least as well as I can shoot.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:45 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
from TANDEMKROSS.
I returned it!
Thanks
to RFC and the Ruger Mark IV forum. If your review was anything near being "negative" you won't see it posted. At least that's what I've been told by others who have had issues with a product. Nothing but "five stars".

One thing I've found out from being in business for a very long time, "Test, all the products I sell, so I can provide an HONEST verdict on how that product performs" If the product fails, it doesn't become any inventory here. Now, for Sarona Gun Works LLC that procedure has produced good business, and also discarded some inferior product that will NEVER be sold to MY valued customers.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And that, sir, is how any honest businessman should operate and I congratulate you for doing so. Unfortunately too many others don't have your high standards.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Markiv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
from TANDEMKROSS.
I returned it!
Thanks
I recently had to return my Shadow rail as well. My Vortex Venom with factory mount would secure itself to the rail, but it was canted about 10* to the right. Same sight and mount was completely flush on two other rails. Send it back per TK's instructions with no hassle.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:58 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I have the Mk IV and the Mk III 22/45 lite. The Ruger rail is interchangeable between the two and mounts either in front of the rear sight or can be turned 180 degrees and mounted by removing the rear sight. The factory sights on these pistols are identical and can can be used with the rail installed.

I have no idea why Ruger or SWG would say that the iron sights can't be used with the rail installed unless it is in the way on some of the other models of these guns. It certainly isn't on the two models I have.
One of the few times I've fallen victim to an email from an individual passing along information.

I have not, as yet, received the anniversary issue Ruger Mark IV I have on order, so I have NOT tried the bases, I received from Ruger, on the Mark IV. My fault, and I should've known better.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:14 AM
xdm9mm

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
One of the few times I've fallen victim to an email from an individual passing along information.

I have not, as yet, received the anniversary issue Ruger Mark IV I have on order, so I have NOT tried the bases, I received from Ruger, on the Mark IV. My fault, and I should've known better.

I apologize, it was me who sent you the message about it. I now realize you have attached it to a Mark III, not a Mark IV (though I could be very wrong again), and I assumed Mark III and Mark IV Hunters should have the same heights of the iron sights ???
Old 02-10-2017, 11:39 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
I apologize, it was me who sent you the message about it. I now realize you have attached it to a Mark III, not a Mark IV (though I could be very wrong again), and I assumed Mark III and Mark IV Hunters should have the same heights of the iron sights ???
I think your assumption is correct concerning the height of the Mark IV sights being the same as the previous versions, unless anyone has measurements to prove otherwise.

It's hard to imagine that Ruger would change the sight height for no reason at all, especially when the uppers appear to be very close to what the Mark III versions are. When using the Ruger Mark III to display the Ruger Mark IV base, I was mainly checking to see if the hole pattern in the receiver base was the same as others. It is. Except, someone mentioned that their thought concerning the four-hole pattern in the base was done to create, for convenience sake, and allow the rear sight to be removed, the base reversed and then mounted further to the rear. That makes sense.

Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 02-10-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have removed the rear sights from both my Mk III 22/45 lite and Mk IV and they are sitting side by side on my work table. I haven't taken a micrometer and measured them but they appear identical and interchangeable under close examination.

I have no experience with any other Ruger Mk pistol so I can't comment on any other model.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:35 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
I Except, someone mentioned that their thought concerning the four-hole pattern in the base was done to create, for convenience sake, and allow the rear sight to be removed, the base reversed and then mounted further to the rear. That makes sense.
The reversible rail allows you to install it so that 1) it doesn't stick too far forward but requires removing the rear sight or 2) it will project forward of the receiver/barrel line but allows keeping the rear sight.

It depends how you want to mount the red dot or scope and if the gun has to fit a specific holster such as a Black Dog.