Remington Model 37 production survey. - Page 12 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Old Man 58
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Good evening Gentlemen,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I've been/still am having issues with my desk top which unfortunately is where my spreadsheet is and all of my rifle information. Trcuda, as soon as I can get the puter fixed I will add your info to the list, thank you. Sonofhans, all I have now is an Ipad mini, not big enough to look at GB listings on, sorry.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:29 AM
christine

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)

recent 37 purchase #2057
Old 07-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by christine View Post
recent 37 purchase #2057
Good morning Christine, could you possibly provide the barrel date code info for the spreadsheet? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcuda View Post
Old Man,

Mine is unaltered, SS and std magazines, Vaver sight. Serial #11188 bbl code YY x

Tim
Tim,

Your info has been added to the spreadsheet, thank you Sir.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 AM
wwace

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Add mine 7830 SN, Date code KTT
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwace View Post
Add mine 7830 SN, Date code KTT
wwace, your info has been added to the spreadsheet, thank you.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Emagcon
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 37

06540 and code is XSS (Dec 1947)

Ed
Old 08-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emagcon View Post
06540 and code is XSS (Dec 1947)

Ed
Thank you Ed,

For whatever reason I already had this one on the list.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Myles
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When I started collecting the data, I was recording data for guns that were offered for sale, and also I was asking guys to send me data for rifles they had observed, [guns they had seen, owned by someone else, or on a display table at a gun show]. Not everyone has held on to their model 37, for one reason or another, many have traded hands. This being the case, it does not surprise me that we have the same data submitted more than once. That is no problem, keep feeding us the data and we will sort it out. I appreciate that OldMan 58 has taken the ball and is running with it. I am still keeping track, but I am lurking in the background.
Myles
Old 08-12-2015, 06:20 PM
sonofhans

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
When I started collecting the data, I was recording data for guns that were offered for sale, and also I was asking guys to send me data for rifles they had observed, [guns they had seen, owned by someone else, or on a display table at a gun show]. Not everyone has held on to their model 37, for one reason or another, many have traded hands. This being the case, it does not surprise me that we have the same data submitted more than once. That is no problem, keep feeding us the data and we will sort it out. I appreciate that OldMan 58 has taken the ball and is running with it. I am still keeping track, but I am lurking in the background.
Myles
Greetings Myles,
I'm very interested in what you and "Old Man 58" are doing here. I happen to be the Sec./Treas. of the Remington Society of America (RSA) as well as a member of the RSA research team allowed into the Remington Arms Co. archives in Ilion, NY. Tracking SN's in relation to arms production is personal passion of mine. I'd sure like to link up to what you are doing here....
Old 08-12-2015, 06:23 PM
sonofhans

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles View Post
Myles
Greetings "Old Man 58",
Greetings Myles,
I'm very interested in what you and "Myles" are doing here. I happen to be the Sec./Treas. of the Remington Society of America (RSA) as well as a member of the RSA research team allowed into the Remington Arms Co. archives in Ilion, NY. Tracking SN's in relation to arms production is personal passion of mine. I'd sure like to link up to what you are doing here....
Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Old Man 58

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofhans View Post
Greetings "Old Man 58",
Greetings Myles,
I'm very interested in what you and "Myles" are doing here. I happen to be the Sec./Treas. of the Remington Society of America (RSA) as well as a member of the RSA research team allowed into the Remington Arms Co. archives in Ilion, NY. Tracking SN's in relation to arms production is personal passion of mine. I'd sure like to link up to what you are doing here....
Hello Sir, my intention was and is to see how many Models 37's were produced in any given month over it's production history. The only information that I keep is the receiver serial number and the barrel date code letters.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Papalee
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington 37 Rangemaster

I sent my 37's numbers to OldMan58 to contribute my rifle's numbers to his production survey. He returned an interesting note! His list contains two (2) rifles with receiver serial numbers close to mine, both with date codes that take their production to June of 38. Mine, however, has a date code of CUU (April 49) with a 3 suffix and then a small 0, the 0 being laid on its side. Can anyone explain this?
Old 08-16-2015, 02:01 PM
sonofhans

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Barrel Codes

Barrel/receiver stamps generally carry a variety of stamps...such as Proof, magnaflux, gallery, date, assembler, inspection and repair. Your April 49 date code is for the replacement barrel with the "3" being the numerical code for a factory repair. Not sure about the laid down zero, but could very well be the code of the assembler who did the work.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 PM
patchett

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rifle on its way to me is ser #03761 with date code EK. October /1941 I believe.