Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:47 PM
ford8nr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gamo Compact Pistol

Anyone have one?
I figured if anyone did it would be one of you guys.
Looks like a basic target handgun
Also looking at a Daisy 777, wife doesn't like the weight of her IZH-46M
Old 03-06-2020, 10:51 AM
ba49

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Also check out the Daisy 747. Same barrel and trigger as the 777 but little lighter in weight. Only real difference is the plastic grips and sights on the 747. Price is usually much less for the 747. I got an unfired 747 in the box last year on ebay for $150. If your wife has small hands she will want to change the grips on the 777 anyhow. The wood grips are pretty large on the 777. I have several 777s and 747s and actually prefer the 747. You could order a set of beautiful grips for either one from Vernon Austin ( Mystery Man on ebay) that can be made in smaller sizes and left, right, or ambidextrous for a very reasonable price. I paid $65. a set for mine. I have several ambidextrous sets in Walnut and Birdseye Maple that are beautiful. I'm a lefty.
I have 2 FWB 65 and the Daisys will shoot just as accurately at least in my hands and much easier to maintain. MOST parts are still available through Daisy and easy to replace.Hope this helps. Bill
Old 03-11-2020, 07:40 AM
ford8nr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Passed on all ...
Gamo's ended up at $108+shipping
777 ended at $180+shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2020, 08:10 AM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
Passed on all ...
I have had both,

I would recommend the Gammo as it has better grips and is better suited to informal/starting out in 10 meter air pistol.

The Spanish Olympic team even used them for a while.

The Daisy is nice but it just does not feel as accomplished it more of a general purpose air pistol imho at to be honest its just not going to last. I've never seen a Gamo blow seals like my old Daisy which went through O rings like they where donuts and he was Homer Simpson

In the UK many pony clubs use the Gamo for target shooting as training for modern pentathlon. No one uses a Daisy.

If you want an informal target gun get the Compact, you'll also have the option to enter comps with it if you so desire.

This Video from a fellow countryman of yours explains it better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpv4l-FMpo

I'm currently drooling over the FAS 6004 but it costs around 4-500 in the UK

Last edited by Discontinued; 03-11-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:47 PM
mje

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I had a Gamo when they first came out. The trigger is better than that on the Daisy, but a far cry from the FWB or FAS. Its a great choice for a smaller person whod have trouble holding the larger guns.

Ive had 717s, a 747, and a 777. All are capable of good scores. The FAS is a very good shooting gun, and has perhaps the best stock grip of any of the current inexpensive single stroke pneumatic guns.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Ascot500

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr View Post
Passed on all ...
From where can you get a Gamo Compact for $108
Old 06-13-2020, 11:49 AM
mparker
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If you are serious about accuracy or interested in 10 meter competition forget the Gamo and get the FAS 6004, even if you have to save for it. It doesn't have the ergonomics of the big boys but it can shoot with them.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:05 AM
ba49

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would recommend the Sig Precision Target over the FAS 6004. I have both and I like the Sig much better. Both are made by the same company and use the same action and sightes. The Sig shoots at a higher FPS and triggers are about the same. Both use an ambi grip which works well for us left handers also. You must pay extra for lefty grips on the Gamo by the way. The Sig is just as accurate as the 6004. The big difference is the grip angle. The Sig feels and looks more like a Sig P210 where as the FAS has more angle like a formal 10m. target air pistol designed to shoot one handed. If you like to shoot with 2 hands the Sig is more comfortable. Finally my FAS 6004 requied some mods to clean up the machining in the breach and other mods to get it over 325 fps. The Sig did not require any work to shoot around 370 fps.